The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

7 hours ago, zduck14 said:

Amari Cooper is absolutely a game changer. 

That said, I'm in a 3 player keeper league and need to decide which 3 to keep. My options are:

Mike Evans  (obviously keeping him)

Brandin Cooks

Amari Cooper 

Sammy Watkins 

Latavius Murray 

Carlos Hyde

Definitely keep Cooper.  I'd lean towards Cooks over Watkins just based on who's throwing the ball to him.  Murray's going to fall off in Minnesota imo.  Their line had a lot of trouble making holes last year.  Hyde's another strong contender for that 3rd spot.   Guy should have a better year but it's still the 49ers.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Definitely keep Cooper.  I'd lean towards Cooks over Watkins just based on who's throwing the ball to him.  Murray's going to fall off in Minnesota imo.  Their line had a lot of trouble making holes last year.  Hyde's another strong contender for that 3rd spot.   Guy should have a better year but it's still the 49ers.

Don't listen to this guy, he knows nothing about keeper/dynasty leagues....

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, zduck14 said:

Amari Cooper is absolutely a game changer. 

That said, I'm in a 3 player keeper league and need to decide which 3 to keep. My options are:

Mike Evans  (obviously keeping him)

Brandin Cooks

Amari Cooper 

Sammy Watkins 

Latavius Murray 

Carlos Hyde

Evans, Cooper, Watkins.

Running backs are too inconsistent

Aaron Hernandez commits suicide, officials say

(CNN) Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots star who was convicted of murder, was found hanged Wednesday morning in the Massachusetts prison where he was serving a life sentence, officials said.

The death of Hernandez, 27, comes just days after he was acquitted in a separate murder case.

Hernandez "was discovered hanged in his cell by corrections officers at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley Massachusetts at approximately 3:05 a.m.," the Massachusetts Department of Correction said.

"Lifesaving techniques were attempted on Mr. Hernandez and he was transported to UMASS Leominster, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m. by a physician at the hospital.

"Mr. Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing. Mr. Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window. Mr. Hernandez also attempted to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items.

"The Massachusetts State Police are on scene and the investigation continues. Mr. Hernandez's next of kin have been notified."

Edited by nuckin_futz

I'm not usually one of those but it's pretty questionable that he'd kill himself now.

For one, he doesn't seem like the type. He'd sooner go down in a blaze of glory than quietly off himself at night. 

Also, after being acquitted on the double murder and having an appeal on that other life sentence coming up. Why now ? Why not two years ago ? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Madness said:

I'm not usually one of those but it's pretty questionable that he'd kill himself now.

For one, he doesn't seem like the type. He'd sooner go down in a blaze of glory than quietly off himself at night. 

Also, after being acquitted on the double murder and having an appeal on that other life sentence coming up. Why now ? Why not two years ago ? 

Yeah makes no sense at all. Just tragic how it all ended up. 

I suspect he was murdered, but it was made to look like a suicide.........

he allegedly quoted a scripture verse on his forehead in red felt pen.....uh.. sure he did

nice legacy to leave for your daughter and other family members 

To be honest I'd do  the same thing for sure.

Guess he didn't trust his blockers to ensure he remained a tight end.

Back to football, who are some of the later round guys people like for their teams?  Would love to see Ben Boulware on the Broncos.  Good leader and hits to hurt.  Would be a terrific fit on that defense and should be available around the 6th or so.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

To be honest I'd do  the same thing for sure.

Guess he didn't trust his blockers to ensure he remained a tight end.

Back to football, who are some of the later round guys people like for their teams?  Would love to see Ben Boulware on the Broncos.  Good leader and hits to hurt.  Would be a terrific fit on that defense and should be available around the 6th or so.

Joe Mixon despite his off the field could be a big steal for a team whenever he is drafted likely round 2-4.

Later round so 4-7 or undrafted free agents even I guess realistically is what you are saying...

I like Taywan Taylor WR WKU seems like a good slot catch and run guy reminds me a little of Stefon Diggs who was a 6th round steal.

Seems like a guy to fill Josh Huff's role as a returner and slot guy tone used in the quick game bubble screens etc catch and run get him in some space maybe use him like Randall Cobb.

I see him going between round 4-6 and could be a guy who could be a good player and outperform his draft spot.

Another under the radar guy is CB Jeremy Cutter out of Middle Tennessee could be a solid development guy originally an LSU commit I believe.

Long raw press CB to coach up and see if you can develop.

16 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

CB Jeremy Cutter out of Middle Tennessee could be a solid development guy originally an LSU commit I believe.

Seahawks reportedly have interest in him. Seems like our type of corner

On a bit of a different note, I am genuinely curious if any of you in this thread played football, whether it be in HS, Community, College, Pro?B). Football is one of those sports where despite having a huge following, there is not a huge actual playing community, in BC at least.

I played Tail and a bit of corner at a local school in Vancouver, and I honestly say that my senior year was one the best times of my life, although we fell short of the championship. I miss it lol.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Seahawks reportedly have interest in him. Seems like our type of corner

On a bit of a different note, I am genuinely curious if any of you in this thread played football, whether it be in HS, Community, College, Pro?B). Football is one of those sports where despite having a huge following, there is not a huge actual playing community, in BC at least.

I played Tail and a bit of corner at a local school in Vancouver, and I honestly say that my senior year was one the best times of my life, although we fell short of the championship. I miss it lol.

Yeah football doesn't seem as big in BC some of these other guys that are Patriots fans played in this thread in high school I believe.

I was a hockey only guy growing up from age 6-16 played only hockey.

Guys on my teams played soccer and Rugby and volleyball on the side which probably made them become better athletes.

I wish I was looking back involved in different sports when I was a kid. Specialized too early. Might of had something in Volleyball when hockey didn't work out.

Always been a more causal football fan then started following more and more closer after 2012 when the Canucks started to fall off and I had started losing interest in  hockey all together since I stopped playingmyself a few years earlier.

NFL is my #1 thing to follow now. Hockey doesn't give me the same excitement it used too. Also dabble in some NBA and Soccer. Don't have time or interest for other sports or leagues to follow after that.

Part of it is being resigned to the fact the Canucks are a loser franchise like the Browns and are cursed to fail no matter what moves they make or close they get again.