The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

So the Rams are expected to franchise tag Sammy Watkins......  Good luck with that LA.  They seriously need to coach him up in the off-season. 

This past year was his time to shine, and needless to say, he didn't.  Now that they are going to be paying him around $16 Million next year, they need to get their moneys worth because that's almost quarterback type money right there.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Brian Schottenheimer isn't going to be any better than Bevell or Cable - rumor is Seattle is interested :lol: I hope for the 12's sake, Schottenheimer fails his interview

The Seattle bloggers seem to think Seahawks would be interested in hiring Carson Wentz's qb coach as OC.

John Defilippo has worked with Derek Carr, and Carson Wentz, as well as Johnny Manziel in his career.

If Seattle could get a decent o line with Flip as OC they could have an almost unstoppable offence instantly with all the RPOs they can run with Wilson's mobility and decision making smarts.

14 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

So the Rams are expected to franchise tag Sammy Watkins......  Good luck with that LA.  They seriously need to coach him up in the off-season. 

This past year was his time to shine, and needless to say, he didn't.  Now that they are going to be paying him around $16 Million next year, they need to get their moneys worth because that's almost quarterback type money right there.

That's a lot of coin for Sammy Dropkins

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Let's say the Titans pull off the miracle and somehow beat the Pats, do we see big time changes in New England?

I think there will be BIG changes in NE no matter how this season finishes.  Their OC and DC are looking to be moving on, and (rumours abound) so is their HC.  

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think there will be BIG changes in NE no matter how this season finishes.  Their OC and DC are looking to be moving on, and (rumours abound) so is their HC.  

The only coach I can really see leaving is Patricia. BB and McDaniels aint leaving. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I think the home teams win every game this weekend, except for Philly. Would like to see the Titans at least make the Pats sweat a little.

It’s really cold and windy in Philly for today’s game.  Maybe Atlanta, playing in a dome so much, will struggle in the cold and wind?  I think if Atlanta gets past this game, they go to another Super Bowl.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I think the home teams win every game this weekend, except for Philly. Would like to see the Titans at least make the Pats sweat a little.

What you are forgetting is the old rule that the NFL has in place, where if the home team plays their non-starting QB, they have the right to demand the other team play one of their non-starting QBs :P

In all seriousness, the Eagles will need a strong running game, tremendous defense (led by the pressure from the DL), and Foles to be an efficient game manager. The Eagles will not win in a shootout lol.

Edited by c00kies

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s really cold and windy in Philly for today’s game.  Maybe Atlanta, playing in a dome so much, will struggle in the cold and wind?  I think if Atlanta gets past this game, they go to another Super Bowl.  

Sure, that could be a thing. I think Atlanta has more playoff experience, and still has something to prove after last year. We'll see what Foles has to say about it.

27 minutes ago, c00kies said:

What you are forgetting is the old rule that the NFL has in place, where if the home team plays their non-starting QB, they have the right to demand the other team play one of their non-starting QBs :P

In all seriousness, the Eagles will need a strong running game, tremendous defense (led by the pressure from the DL), and Foles to be an efficient game manager. The Eagles will not win in a shootout lol.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if some weird ass old rule had an impact on a game this weekend. I'm most excited for this game and the Vikings game.

21 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Let's say the Titans pull off the miracle and somehow beat the Pats, do we see big time changes in New England?

The only coach I see leaving is Patricia, and he deserves it. Not saying McD doesn't deserve it, but I can't see him leaving to become the Colts HC knowing that he has to beat Belichick to have any successful in stint #2 as an NFL HC. Also losing Patricia is easier to deal with as BB is also a defensive coach. 

The Belichick leaving rumours have as much merit as the Gaborik bought a house in North Vancouver so he is going to sign here rumors 

13 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

NFC fans ecstatic that Seattle hired Schottenheimer lol

I am certainly excited to see a Russell Wilson offense looks like without Bevell. IMO why Bevell was fired was because his offense became too status quo. No innovation. No creativity. As for Schottenheimer, he is coming into arguable the best situation of his career. He is working with the best QB/WR tandem he has ever worked with, and some interesting offensive pieces to work with (Carson, McKissic, Davis, Lockett).