The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 hours ago, Green Building said:

16 lb rib-eye roast going on the smoker, second smoker has 22 lbs of wings to cycle through with different sauces and dry rubs. 100 liters of beer and more food than you can shake a stick at. 

I'll be making Philly cheese steaks with that rib-eye and a home-made queso for the cheese. Also, a giant ass pot of clam chowder, cause why not? Expecting 40 people and leftovers. Hah! What Super Bowl?  

flintstone-rib.png

11 hours ago, DonLever said:

The Super Bowl will be decided by the team with the best defense today.  Philadelphia has a better defense but New England is no slouch in that department either.

When it comes to offensive,  NE has a wide edge with a superior QB in Brady and his favourite receiver, Gronkowski.   Foles, while a capable backup, is certainly no future Hall of Fame quarterback.

So, the only chance for the Eagles to win is to stop Tom Brady the way Denver Broncos did with NE a few years ago when they beat NE in the SB. 

The game need to be a low scoring effort for the Eagles to win, otherwise the high powered offense of NE will overwhelm Philly.

I expect the game to be decided by less than 10 points, whoever wins the game.

Not possible when both teams are in the same conference. I'm thinking you're thinking about the AFC Conference game the year the Broncos won the SB?

6 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Not possible when both teams are in the same conference. I'm thinking you're thinking about the AFC Conference game the year the Broncos won the SB?

This is gonna be a brand new game with the long ass half time. This is it. Time to find out if Eagles are the team of destiny.

19 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Brady threw for 505 yards and 3 TDs this game was lost on the awful defense the patriots had throughout the year. They need pass rushers next year.

Doesn't matter, both offense's came to play (Brady set record for most Superbowl pass yards, both teams combined over 1100 yards) and both defense's sucked. It came down to eagles defense making that 1 key play we didn't. Sure having Cooks would've changed the game, but speculating is a waste of time. Kudos to the Eagles. 

Really happy for Blount and Long. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan

15 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Doesn't matter, both offense's came to play (Brady set record for most Superbowl pass yards, both teams combined over 1100 yards) and both defense's sucked. It came down to eagles defense making that 1 key play we didn't. Sure having Cooks would've changed the game, but speculating is a waste of time. Kudos to the Eagles. 

Really happy for Blount and Long. 

I don't remember the pats getting gifted TD's? The Patriots were far better in the second half offensively. If the officials make the same calls that have been made all year the game is over.

Also kudos to Nick Foles. A guy known as a career back up, one of the better back ups in the league who can be a starter on some teams, almost retires due to losing interest and love for the game, comes back to Philly to lead them to the Super Bowl win and winning Super Bowl MVP

My fellow Patsies, just remember we were without Edelman Hightower Cooks and Butler tonight. It'll be like acquiring 4 top of the line free agents for next year (3 if Butler leaves). Look forward to next year and a 41 year old setting more records. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Cheers 1