The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

End of an era.

After breaking his own record for most pass yards in a super bowl + 3 super bowls? Most of the offense is back next year, and the defense had a lot of rookies/2nd year players. Playoff team next year easily. Just a matter what defensive UFA will be signed. 

1 minute ago, DonLever said:

They say defense wins games but this was certainly was not the case in today's Super Bowl.  Both teams defenses played like Swiss cheese as both offenses scored at will.   There was only one punt all day.  It came down to who had the ball last.   If Tom Brady had more time at the end, the Pats would probably have won.

NE had defensive problems early in the regular season and these problems showed up again in the SB.   If NE wants win another SB, they need to upgrade their defense.

Congratulations to the Eagles who played a great offense game.  The Pats could not stop Nick Foles who played a perfect game.  

That strip sack was HUGE along with the Ertz TD and Clement and Foles trick play. Eagles made more big plays and fewer mistakes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

After breaking his own record for most pass yards in a super bowl + 3 super bowls? Most of the offense is back next year, and the defense had a lot of rookies/2nd year players. Playoff team next year easily. Just a matter what defensive UFA will be signed. 

I think BB retires. Thats just me though

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Typical Patriots crying. I knew you guys have been so spoiled to being on the right side at the end now you taste what it feels like.

Respect us.

I'm crying? You've been crying all week, your posts have been downright pathetic. The first reviewed TD is not a TD all year the second one is questionable. The Eagles didn't impress me at all. The Patriots defense was what its been all year, terrible. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Typical Patriots crying. I knew you guys have been so spoiled to being on the right side at the end now you taste what it feels like.

Respect us.

Yet you've been crying all year long about calls that went the Patriots way. The Clements TD was not a catch going by the standards the league has been setting the entire year.

I don't think anyone didn't respect the Eagles coming into the game so stop acting like the Eagles were shown no respect from anyone.

23 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Yet you've been crying all year long about calls that went the Patriots way. The Clements TD was not a catch going by the standards the league has been setting the entire year.

Didn't think it was a td either but it's the Pats so I'm good with it #karma

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

That strip sack was HUGE along with the Ertz TD and Clement and Foles trick play. Eagles made more big plays and fewer mistakes.

While Philly had some big plays, their defense was not that good.  They gave up 613 yards and Tom Brady shredded their defense for 505 yards.  That is a Super Bowl record.

If not for the strip sack,  I fully expected the Pats to move down the field for the winning touchdown.  They had plenty of time left on the clock.

Edited by DonLever

39 minutes ago, DonLever said:

While Philly had some big plays, their defense was not that good.  They gave up 613 yards and Tom Brady shredded their defense for 505 yards.  That is a Super Bowl record.

If not for the strip sack,  I fully expected the Pats to move down the field for the winning touchdown.  They had plenty of time left on the clock.

Bad clock management taking the timeout BEFORE the 2 minute warning. Also Patriots were torched by Nick Foles Eagles only punted once the whole game they had a Safety some guy named Jonathan Bademosi covering guys instead of Malcolm Butler for no real reason.

They made the clutch plays when it mattered most combination of timing and a little bit of luck never hurts either.

Like I said in the other thread we will find out if Eagles are a team of destiny and they were. 

2 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

I don't think anyone didn't respect the Eagles coming into the game so stop acting like the Eagles were shown no respect from anyone.

You Patriot fans are such hypocrites none bigger than @NucksPatsFan who doesn't have the balls to even address me. :lol: Just because I called pretty boy and his weird family out. 

Said I would probably complain about Patriots cheating and was having my excuses ready when I layed out the cheating history. Only people with excuses are Patriots fans all over this thread.

Every major analyst was picking the Patriots before this game go back and look.  Ever since Foles went down everyone thought Eagles would be 1 and done. They proved everyone wrong including me and I can admit that.

You were already bailed out by calls vs the Jets and Steelers and probably should have lost to the Jags if not for a weak PI call on Bouye. So shut up and take your loss.

I thought it was 50/50 and when it's that close you go with the call on the field. The Ertz one was obvious don't why Collingstworth questioned it Ertz took 2 full steps not like Jesse James.

Like Chris Long said under dogs in 2 home games. Then started as 6 point underdogs in the Super Bowl week and won by 8 points.

Stop with the bs your are not underdogs had a backup qb lost the MVP and 2 Hall of Fame players Jason Peters and Darren Sproles the best LB on the team who is a rising star in Jordan Hicks.

• Like 1