The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

26 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

He has been sacked 11 times this season. 3 of those have been on the offensive line. 8 of them have been on Russ himself.

:lol:

Seattle's o-line has been embarrassing for what, a decade? Just because Wilson has been evading sacks for his entire career doesn't mean that when finally he gets sacked it's entirely his fault. 

As a Seahawks fan it pains me to see how far this team has fallen since 49. That one damn play call ruined a potential dynasty and forever changed that room. Pete's philosophy has grown stale with each passing year since then and I don't see him in the fold for much longer if this downward spiral continues. Paul Allen is great owner and a smart guy and knows this. Holmgren had great success for many years but his shtick grew old and he wore out his welcome in Seattle, and I foresee this being the same with Pete.

If the Hawks decide to pay Wilson the 30 million per year his camp will demand they will have do it knowing if he is to continue to grow as a QB and reach his potential he has to do it in an entire new system with a different coach. He's regressing in Carrolls system. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

• Wat 1

38 minutes ago, Pickly said:

As a Seahawks fan it pains me to see how far this team has fallen since 49. That one damn play call ruined a potential dynasty

Was in hindsight the wrong call, but was never a horrible call. I absolutely despise that narrative that goes around.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/02/pete_carroll_s_play_call_didn_t_lose_the_super_bowl_bill_belichick_tom_brady.html

40 minutes ago, Pickly said:

If the Hawks decide to pay Wilson the 30 million per year his camp will demand they will have do it knowing if he is to continue to grow as a QB and reach his potential he has to do it in an entire new system with a different coach. He's regressing in Carrolls system. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Pete Carroll has never, ever, been an offensive coordinator nor play caller. To suggest that Carroll is imposing a system upon Russ is flat out wrong. Now if you have issues with the offensive coordinator, then you might have a case. I also feel like its pretty harsh to judge a staff on 2 road games to start a season, of which they lost both by 1 score. 

What have you seen at all that suggests that Russ is unhappy with Carroll, or his philosophy? If you cannot provide evidence, why suggest it?

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Time to trade Russell Wilson to see if they can get a 1st round pick? 

https://clutchpoints.com/seahawks-rumors-seattle-could-get-three-first-round-picks-in-trade-for-russell-wilson/

Could get 3 firsts.

27 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Was in hindsight the wrong call, but was never a horrible call. I absolutely despise that narrative that goes around.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/02/pete_carroll_s_play_call_didn_t_lose_the_super_bowl_bill_belichick_tom_brady.html

Well written article. I agree that the playcall wasn't a bad one. Butler deserved all the credit for reading the play and wanting the ball more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Well written article. I agree that the playcall wasn't a bad one. Butler deserved all the credit for reading the play and wanting the ball more.

But what bothers me is that this narrative goes around that it is the worst play call in football history, when it it really wasn't. It was one of the clutchest plays in super bowl history, and I kinda feel bad for Butler because his name doesn't get remembered for that play, like say David Tryee does.