The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

39 minutes ago, Toews said:

I disagree. Kraft got involved because it was hurting the Patriots brand. Owners care about money more than image, I agree with @NucksPatsFan that Brown would have been the big ticket draw that Moss was. The Patriots don't need Brown but it made sense both for the brand and the football team. Kraft cut bait once Brown's shenanigans began damaging the Patriots brand. I disagree with @NucksPatsFan regarding that press conference, I don't believe Belichick would let questions from the media influence his decisions. Belichick can whip the media into shape, walking out of the press conference was just the opening salvo. Reporters care about access more than they care about specifics. Belichick would have leveraged that to get them to shut up about Brown. I believe this was all Kraft, if Belichick was on board, he would have delivered the news to Brown instead. 

Brown wasn't hurting the Patriots brand. Unless he got charged by the police there wasn't any real damage being done. That's when you would start to see people who are fans of the Patriots start to question whether he should be on the team or not. Kraft was charged. He damaged his own brand in that regard. Now this move seems to be a move where he is trying to show he "respects" women. He was caught doing who knows what with women who were likely being exploited against their will for his own personal pleasure, that is brand hurting. The Patriots sign a player who starts having allegations of sexual misconduct and rape against him and  Kraft went and got himself involved to better his own image or brand if you will. You don't cut a player of Browns resume unless there are charges. This has damage control from Kraft's massage shenanigans all over it. Brown thought the same way in his twitter rant. Which in this case I agree with after reading Kraft cut him.

8 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

So isn't your point moot? The event happened 3 weeks ago. In today's world there' 10 new top news stories daily. This likely benefits Kraft in no way. 

"Most people don't know the full facts so they agree with my point of view! Your point of view that has more of the facts is moot. Let's move because I am clearly losing this discussion."

29 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

"Most people don't know the full facts so they agree with my point of view! Your point of view that has more of the facts is moot. Let's move because I am clearly losing this discussion."

Lol, spin it however you want, point still stands that your theory picked up 0 traction, and never will. The world has moved on, I suggest you do too. 

53 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Brown wasn't hurting the Patriots brand. Unless he got charged by the police there wasn't any real damage being done. That's when you would start to see people who are fans of the Patriots start to question whether he should be on the team or not. Kraft was charged. He damaged his own brand in that regard. Now this move seems to be a move where he is trying to show he "respects" women. He was caught doing who knows what with women who were likely being exploited against their will for his own personal pleasure, that is brand hurting. The Patriots sign a player who starts having allegations of sexual misconduct and rape against him and  Kraft went and got himself involved to better his own image or brand if you will. You don't cut a player of Browns resume unless there are charges. This has damage control from Kraft's massage shenanigans all over it. Brown thought the same way in his twitter rant. Which in this case I agree with after reading Kraft cut him.

Lets agree to disagree. To me the event that preceded Brown getting cut is significant. Texting your accuser a picture of her kids is just craziness on another level. No NFL team would have kept Brown on the roster after that... well maybe the Redskins.

56 minutes ago, Toews said:

Lets agree to disagree. To me the event that preceded Brown getting cut is significant. Texting your accuser a picture of her kids is just craziness on another level. No NFL team would have kept Brown on the roster after that... well maybe the Redskins.

I'm not saying it's not something he shouldn't have been cut for. He could have been cut after the first accuser by Belichick. What I am saying is that Belichick didn't cut him because of these reasons. Kraft stepped in which he has been rumoured to have done a few times these past years and overruled Belichick. Belichick wasn't happy nor was Brady when Brown was cut. The way I see it is the only reason why Kraft stepped in to overrule Belichick is because of the damage he, Kraft, has done the Patriots brand himself.  

Edited by peaches5

On 10/15/2019 at 5:04 PM, ReggieBush said:

Rams trade 2 firsts and a 3rd (?) for Ramsey who they have to pay, while being 3-3 and 2 games back in the division (with 2 division losses to teams they are chasing). Horrible decision making from that front office

I heard somewhere the Rams will have not have a first round pick for 5 years in a row thanks to their aggressive win now mentality and all the blockbuster trades they have made the last few years. 

I was a little mad the Eagles didn't land Ramsey who is basically a modern version of Richard Sherman when he is straight mentally and physically. 

But when you see how old and injury prone the Eagles roster is, you realize they need to keep their higher end picks to find good cheap, young talent.

Once you pay your core guys you have to make smart moves.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:00 PM, Van40 said:

He's No. 14 among CBs, per PFF. 

Ravens will have him playing more press man and having Earl Thomas back there will help out Peters a ton. 

He does gamble a bunch but he produces too. 

Plus he would really be our 3 best corner after Jimmy Smith gets back. I'm really excited about our potential secondary depth. 

Marlon Humphrey is an alpha dog.  I saw that play when he choked out Odell and instantly became a fan!

That mofo is underrated. More NFL fans and media need to talk about the lockdown job he is doing right now vs the #1 WR on the opponent.

Humphrey,Peters,Smith,Young,Carr. That secondary is almost as deep as the Patriots if they could get fully healthy.

Tony Jefferson was a big loss though.

Still hoping Eagles get another CB or something before the trade deadline next week.

Eagles vs Cowboys ....loser will be in desperation mode like the Rams just to make the playoffs.

It's only week 7 but Eagles vs Cowboys best rivalry in the NFL will feel like a playoff game with high intensity and 1st place on the line! 

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Marlon Humphrey is an alpha dog.  I saw that play when he choked out Odell and instantly became a fan!

That mofo is underrated. More NFL fans and media need to talk about the lockdown job he is doing right now vs the #1 WR on the opponent.

Humphrey,Peters,Smith,Young,Carr. That secondary is almost as deep as the Patriots if they could get fully healthy.

Tony Jefferson was a big loss though.

Marlon is a baller but he hardly gets recognized cause he plays in Baltimore. 

Losing Tony Jeff might of been an upgrade lol. He was terrible. 

• Upvote 1