The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

37 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Jokes aside, Dalton could really help out a team like the Bears or even the Titans.

Bengals should be trying to secure as much draft capital as possible 

100%. Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton etc. can all get 1st-3rd round picks which would really fasttrack this rebuild. 

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Once Kitchens is fired, the Browns offense will take off.

He really, really, just doesn't know what to do with all that talent. 

I wonder.....if Baker doesn't get more time to throw, what good is having talented receivers? I agree that the personnel needs to be utilized better, but some of this has to be on the GM for not doing something about that porous O-Line....

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I wonder.....if Baker doesn't get more time to throw, what good is having talented receivers? I agree that the personnel needs to be utilized better, but some of this has to be on the GM for not doing something about that porous O-Line....

IIRC Bosa's second sack he was on the ground and Baker ran right into him - just poor awareness by the QB.  I remember what Rex Ryan said about him being a one read QB - people jumped on Rex but I think he's right.  

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

IIRC Bosa's second sack he was on the ground and Baker ran right into him - just poor awareness by the QB.  I remember what Rex Ryan said about him being a one read QB - people jumped on Rex but I think he's right.  

Does this Baker kid have happy feet?  A one read QB is hard to win a Superbowl with.  Two reads I think is the minimum.  

17 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

From what Ive seen from Tua, I think he might turn out to be a lesser version of Matt Stafford. He'll look good against lesser teams, but be a game manager against a really good defence. I just feel that Herbert has a bit more upside. That being said, those 2 are not even in the same galaxy as Trevor Lawrence

Fromm will have a better NFL career than Tua.  I like Lawrence and think he's still better than both, but he's definitely taken a step back so far this season.  I suspect the bye weak and near upset will wake him up though.  Tua will have a rude awakening on the Dolphins, who would probably lose to Bama.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Fromm will have a better NFL career than Tua.  I like Lawrence and think he's still better than both, but he's definitely taken a step back so far this season.  I suspect the bye weak and near upset will wake him up though.  Tua will have a rude awakening on the Dolphins, who would probably lose to Bama.

Agreed don’t like QBs on such dominant teams.  It’s not the QB that makes Bama great; it’s that they have better players at every position.  I wouldn’t draft any skill off Bama.  I’d draft their linemen first.  

23 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Yep.  He smoked some spice and went loco and nearly killed himself by jumping through a high window.  His brother grabbed him and pulled him back before he went all of the way through.

Nice guy, mediocre receiver, and his parents are loudmouth jerks.  I want to root for him in Oakland, but the loudmouths are back on Twitter and making it tough to do so.

His parents?! Really what do they put out in public on social media that is so bad?

12 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

They probably should have kept Greg Williams instead of Kitchens.  Williams would have kept that defense good and hired a pure OC who he would have let do his own thing without interruption.

Bring in Jay Gruden as an OC or offensive advisor?

9 hours ago, Pears said:

100%. Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton etc. can all get 1st-3rd round picks which would really fasttrack this rebuild. 

I just had a thought. ..

AJ Green would look perfect with the 49ers working with Kyle Shanahan. We saw how he was able to maximize Julio in Atlanta that led to their Super Bowl run.

AJ Green would make the 49ers a legit contender.

Also think this should be the game plan for the Broncos @King Heffy.

Chris Harris and Emmanuel Sanders could both net a 3rd round pick each with expiring deals as veteran rentals.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Agreed don’t like QBs on such dominant teams.  It’s not the QB that makes Bama great; it’s that they have better players at every position.  I wouldn’t draft any skill off Bama.  I’d draft their linemen first.  

Maybe. But their WRs are pretty good safe picks quite a pipeline over the past decade.

Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley.

Jerry Jeudy is the next in the line to be a first round pick.

Projected to be a top 15 lock as of now.

But you may have a point as they also have Henry Ruggs and Devonte Smith who are as dangerous in the open field as almost any player in the country.

These two guys can take an 8 yard slant from Tua, shake off a DB, and take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

Makes Tagavailoa's job more easier playing as the point guard with these three amazing pass catchers at his disposal.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Love Sherman's comments about Baker - "He acts like he won the MVP last year"

Is Richard Sherman even good still?

I mean he is still an above average starter but since his Achilles injury he hasn't been that dominant lock down (pro bowl CB) etc he once was back in his prime 5 years ago.

He should be happy the 49ers are doing good now because he lost a bit of his relevance and cachee when he left the L.O.B.

They being said he can speak from experience. He certainly can identify cockiness and confidence.

His Twitter bio is "Confidence is a pre-requisite to success".

So apparently Baker Mayfield can't be confident yet because he hasn't proven anything in the league yet.

What about fake it till you make it though?:P

• Haha 1

@Isam What insight can you give on the Chargers cutting one of their main starting CBs the last 2 seasons in Trevor Williams coming off injuries?

Has his play fallen off a cliff and are the injuries the type where he will be a shadow of the player he was?

Doesn't make sense to let a quality starting CB go when teams like the Eagles are desperate to find another CB who can solidify a starting spot.

7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Is Richard Sherman even good still?

I mean he is still an above average starter but since his Achilles injury he hasn't been that dominant lock down (pro bowl CB) etc he once was back in his prime 5 years ago.

He should be happy the 49ers are doing good now because he lost a bit of his relevance and cachee when he left the L.O.B.

They being said he can speak from experience. He certainly can identify cockiness and confidence.

So apparently Baker Mayfield can't be confident yet because he hasn't proven anything in the league yet.

What about fake it till you make it though?:P

Sherm was ok last year, has been fantastic this year.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Confidence and arrogance are two different animals.  I never heard a peep from Sherman until the height of LoB, I say he proved enough to talk by then.  

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

His parents?! Really what do they put out in public on social media that is so bad?

For instance right after the trade news broke, his father retweeted a random Oakland fan's tweet that trashed Josh Allen.  His son had even gone so far as asking them both to stop tweeting about the Bills more than once.  Now that he's traded, I guess all bets are off.

Bring in Jay Gruden as an OC or offensive advisor?

Rumour is that Jay Gruden plans on taking the rest of the year off.

I just had a thought...

Did it hurt? :bigblush:  (I couldn't resist... lol)

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

@Isam What insight can you give on the Chargers cutting one of their main starting CBs the last 2 seasons in Trevor Williams coming off injuries?

Has his play fallen off a cliff and are the injuries the type where he will be a shadow of the player he was?

Doesn't make sense to let a quality starting CB go when teams like the Eagles are desperate to find another CB who can solidify a starting spot.

No. He does need the time off for sure. I think they are trying to put him on the practice roster so they dont have to put him on ir or the pup. Just another way to keep extra guys around. As for his play, it is no surprise he kind of suffered since dj went down in the preaseason. That was a huge blow since james did literally everything out there last season including playing the lockdown corner. The increased role has kind of hurt him cuz of that. As for philly, i think they need to swing for the fences and get either harris or ramsey to solidfy the awful secondary.  Williams would be just another darby or douglas for ya.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2019 at 11:57 AM, Van40 said:

Jokes aside, Dalton could really help out a team like the Bears or even the Titans.

Bengals should be trying to secure as much draft capital as possible 

Titans are doing ok with mariota right now and they got a decent insurance policy in tannenhill so they should be ok. The bears would be a sweet option though

1 hour ago, Isam said:

No. He does need the time off for sure. I think they are trying to put him on the practice roster so they dont have to put him on ir or the pup. Just another way to keep extra guys around. As for his play, it is no surprise he kind of suffered since dj went down in the preaseason. That was a huge blow since james did literally everything out there last season including playing the lockdown corner. The increased role has kind of hurt him cuz of that. As for philly, i think they need to swing for the fences and get either harris or ramsey to solidfy the awful secondary.  Williams would be just another darby or douglas for ya.

The crazy thing I saw was an article arguing that the Eagles need another WR more than a CB.

The reasoning being the lack of a dangerous WR with Desean Jackson injured since game 2 of the season.

Alshon Jeffery is playing at probably like 70 percent only and looks even slower than usual.

Agholor has been trash all year.

Mack Hollins wants to play special teams instead of on the offence.

The rookie that the Eagles drafted Arthega Whiteside looks over matched.

3 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

The crazy thing I saw was an article arguing that the Eagles need another WR more than a CB.

The reasoning being the lack of a dangerous WR with Desean Jackson injured since game 2 of the season.

Alshon Jeffery is playing at probably like 70 percent only and looks even slower than usual.

Agholor has been trash all year.

Mack Hollins wants to play special teams instead of on the offence.

The rookie that the Eagles drafted Arthega Whiteside looks over matched.

Yeah bleeding green nation if i remember.  I think they are going on the premise that if you guys have fixed your pass rush, then it will make your corners look way better. I also remember diggs being one of the primary targets in that article and it could work.

• Upvote 1