The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Just now, Green Building said:

Oh I think Romo will be ready by then, but how long will he be healthy for? Got to be a better option.

True ... "Sami Salo" Romo.  No, I don't think that's an option.  But who is available at QB that could possibly salvage this season?  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Neversummer said:

True ... "Sami Salo" Romo.  No, I don't think that's an option.  But who is available at QB that could possibly salvage this season?  

I honestly don't know. Let's take a moment to think about how many people laughed at Bradford going to the Vikings. There's got to be an off the chart choice hiding somewhere.

5 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Lol not this flawed misconception again. Brady has had $&!# for over 50% of his career and made it work. This is about ARod, not his options. He's just completely missing reads and open throws. Brady made Edelman like majority of WRs he's had. Hogan is nothing special to be bragging about lol. 

...shocking to say the least seeing ARod. Something's gotta give.

You and Pats fans act like Brady runs the routes. Guys get open in BB's system and Brady throws to em. 90% of the time he's throwing to open dudes. 

Arods wrs have been trash since last year. They can't create separation.

Where is td king James Jones btw? Arod in a "bad" year made that dude look like Randy Moss lol.

Yeah Rodgers is playing bad, but his teammates are playing terrible too. 

Edited by Jiggs50
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

2 of the 4 guys you mentioned have played 6 games for the Pats ... lol. 

Remember when Reche Caldwell and grandpa Troy Brown were the only receivers Brady had and he still lead the team to the playoffs and conference championship games.

Meanwhile A-Rod has had Nelson and Cobb for what, his entire starting career? And James Jones for the majority of it. He should discount double check his ego and start playing smart ball rather than trying be Mike Vick, Brady and Roethlisberger all at once. I have nothing against A-Rod and root for the Packers to do well in the NFC, but his style isn't cutting it anymore. 

6 games or 60. Bennett and Hogan are pretty damn good. 

Brady had BB's defense carrying him those first some odd years. 

Arod plays in a system where he is the damn system. He extends plays and creates for his team. 

Brady stands in the pocket and is usually hitting his first read, that 3-5 yard pass he's mastered...

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

Arod plays in a system where he is the damn system. He extends plays and creates for his team. 

Brady stands in the pocket and is usually hitting his first read, that 3-5 yard pass he's mastered...

Brady > Rodgers 

Now let's keep this as simple as possible lol. Outta here with these ridiculous comparisons. Anyone who even has a grain on knowledge about football knows Brady has barely had anything to work with. Ridiculous. 

...on a side note, I was pleased for McCoy's performance today. You know he had some extra fire for the game today going against Chip who did him dirty in Philly. Way to stick it to him :) 

and Beasley's 2nd TD was filthy. Played the DB and put his ass on skates. Beauty route. 

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

...on a side note, I was pleased for McCoy's performance today. You know he had some extra fire for the game today going against Chip who did him dirty in Philly. Way to stick it to him :) 

and Beasley's 2nd TD was filthy. Played the DB and put his ass on skates. Beauty route. 

Beasley is like a Patriots receiver  white small and quick and plays bigger than his size.

Also does anyone know what happened to Randle Cobb he has not been explosive for two years now. When he was a rookie he looked like the next gen Percy Harvin ultimate weapon.

Dude played the slot,outside,kick return, punt return, gadget plays lined up as a QB and RB sometimes too and threw and ran the ball.

I always thought he would be the perfect player in an offense where the play called was very creative and got him the ball in space so he could use his speed and elusiveness.

Lately the injuries have seems to have sapped some of his juice and the normal high energy he used to play with.

• Upvote 1

My Seahawks almost blew their halftime lead away. Thank goodness Wilson marched the offense down the field and was able to muster a TD. Earl Thomas also picked off Ryan's pass which was the turning point of the game. Should've been a penalty on Sherman for pass interference bur who cares they missed it and we got the victory. 

Edited by Beary Sweet

17 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Barn burner in New Orleans with Carolina!

Kaepenick experiment didn't help.  

Steelers are screwed if Ben is injured.  

Actually, Kaep looked pretty decent in the first half. The game announcers were saying that it might have been the Niners' best half of football this season.

It really only got away from them in the 2nd half, when Tyrod started to take advantage of a gassed defense. The Bills' defense really stepped up as well. They stopped San Francisco on a 4th down gamble and that really took the wind out their sails.

12 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Who's the Pats fan. Personally, I can't stand Brady or Gronkowski.

You must be new. They're everywhere in this thread.

One or two of them may have even been Pats fans before the first Super Bowl....

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Steelers are *#$@%% !!!   Is Garappolo available?  Maybe Brissett or Romo ??!!

Report: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger has torn meniscus, will be out indefinitely

ttps://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/report-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-to-have-surgery-torn-meniscus-timetable-unknown-025250054.html

Thus the reason I didn't take Antonio Brown in my pool. But my running back is out of for the season, so I still got burned. 

13 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Steelers are *#$@%% !!!   Is Garappolo available?  Maybe Brissett or Romo ??!!

Report: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger has torn meniscus, will be out indefinitely

ttps://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/report-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-to-have-surgery-torn-meniscus-timetable-unknown-025250054.html

Steelers fans were laughing at Jackson getting hurt, crying karma for us "stealing" him for them. Just saying. 

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Actually, Kaep looked pretty decent in the first half. The game announcers were saying that it might have been the Niners' best half of football this season.

It really only got away from them in the 2nd half, when Tyrod started to take advantage of a gassed defense. The Bills' defense really stepped up as well. They stopped San Francisco on a 4th down gamble and that really took the wind out their sails.

You must be new. They're everywhere in this thread.

One or two of them may have even been Pats fans before the first Super Bowl....

No matter what they say, I seriously doubt that.  :P

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Funny how you make 3-5 yard passes sound easily yet your QB Joe 'I'm overpaid and over rated' Flacco missed THREE straight 8 yard passes to a wide open receiver who just needed the ball thrown anywhere near his hands so he could get out of bounds with time running down. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Funny how you make 3-5 yard passes sound easily yet your QB Joe 'I'm overpaid and over rated' Flacco missed THREE straight 8 yard passes to a wide open receiver who just needed the ball thrown anywhere near his hands so he could get out of bounds with time running down. 

Except for the time Flacco threw 13 TD passes in their Super Bowl year without throwing an interception. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

No real argument so you try to insult a sb winning qb (who didn't cheat)

Overrated? Dude beat Luck, Peyton, and Belichick, on the road while being a underdog in each game. Matched Montana for the greatest postseason run ever with 11 tds and 0 ints. But if you say overrated I'll believe you...

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Pears said:

Except for the time Flacco threw 13 TD passes in their Super Bowl year without throwing an interception. 

13 whole TD's without an INT?

Well, damn. Let's put him in the hall.

Also, you're supposed to dislike your division rival who you're 2 games behind ;) 

21 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

No real argument so you try to insult a sb winning qb (who didn't cheat)

Overrated? Dude beat Luck, Peyton, and Belichick, on the road while being a underdog in each game. Matched Montana for the greatest postseason run ever with 11 tds and 0 ints. But if you say overrated I'll believe you...

No real argument? Your point has been proved invalid already before. Brady had a great defense his first 2 and a half years when Bruschi Vrabel Harrison were in their prime and Seymour was a rookie chomping at the bit. The Caldwell years? Not a chance. They were 'good', some days, but that come from behind playoff win in San Diego was a thing of magic throwing to guys off the street. 

So Flacco got hot and had one good playoff run, that makes him one of the greats? Not to mention they almost blew that Super Bowl in the 2nd half. 

But hey, if one great playoff run is all it takes, there should be a lot of guys we should consider great. 

24th ranked QB by PFF and making 23 million. Sad. So sad.

"

Yes, Flacco does have a Super Bowl ring. So do guys like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Doug Williams. In actuality, outside of his run of fantastic play throughout the 2012-13 postseason (which resulted in him landing a massive contract extension, by the way), Flacco has been incredibly average throughout his eight-year NFL career.

He still doesn’t have a 30-touchdown pass season on his resume, and it’s becoming more and more clear that the success Flacco enjoyed early in his career was a direct result of him having an excellent supporting cast around him. He is now the highest-paid signal caller in the league in terms of average annual salary, and in our eyes, paying a guy who graded out as the 24th-best quarterback in the league that kind of money will continue to prevent the Ravens from truly rebuilding a Super Bowl-caliber team anytime soon."

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

So Flacco got hot and had one good playoff run, that makes him one of the greats? Not to mention they almost blew that Super Bowl in the 2nd half. 

But hey, if one great playoff run is all it takes, there should be a lot of guys we should consider great. 

24th ranked QB by PFF and making 23 million. Sad. So sad.

"

Yes, Flacco does have a Super Bowl ring. So do guys like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Doug Williams. In actuality, outside of his run of fantastic play throughout the 2012-13 postseason (which resulted in him landing a massive contract extension, by the way), Flacco has been incredibly average throughout his eight-year NFL career.

He still doesn’t have a 30-touchdown pass season on his resume, and it’s becoming more and more clear that the success Flacco enjoyed early in his career was a direct result of him having an excellent supporting cast around him. He is now the highest-paid signal caller in the league in terms of average annual salary, and in our eyes, paying a guy who graded out as the 24th-best quarterback in the league that kind of money will continue to prevent the Ravens from truly rebuilding a Super Bowl-caliber team anytime soon."

Didn't say it made him a hofer. Just said he's not overrated. Like come on your a Pats fan. You should know. If there's 1 qb in the entire league capable of winning in Foxborough come playoff time, its Flacco.  

Oh and Eli :lol:

Overpaid? Maybe. But I'd rather be paying him for winning a sb than dudes who can throw 30+ tds and still never win jack in the playoffs.

Edited by Jiggs50
  • Upvote 1