The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

47 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Would you start Peterman one more time to see if he has anything or just start Taylor? 

I wouldn't start Peterman in the Arena Football League let alone the NFL.

Go with Taylor the rest of the season, draft a big name QB in 2018, pick up Taylor's 2018 option, let him play that year out and then start your 2018 QB draft pick in 2019 and let Tyrod leave town.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

I don't get what the Broncos are trying to do by starting Osweiller. Just start Paxton Lynch already. He's the only qb in Denver with real potential.

And no I'm saying this cause I have Lynch in our dynasty league :ph34r:

You're 100% right.  This year's QB class is good and we need to do what the Bills did and evaluate whether or not we need to draft one.

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

Blowout or not, I'm watching my team. I'm sure you would be pissed if you were watching your team and then all of a sudden they switched the feed without notice

Then either pay for Sunday Ticket or find another option online.   This isn't the first time this has happened so I'm not sure why you're surprised.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

He doesn't know what the &^@# he is talking about. He just sees a black QB get benched on a team that is fighting for a playoff spot and he calls out the team. He doesn't do this unless Tyrod is black, that is racist. Tyrod Taylor has been terrible in more than "1 game". Buffalo's defense is the reason they are in a playoff spot not Tyrod. Tyrod has shown this year and in years past with Buffalo he isn't a starting QB. There is no injustice happening here. 

You can call Richard Sherman a lot of things. Arrogant, Cocky, an a******. But he is not racist. And if that is your definition of racism you need to go back to highschool. Unbelievable.

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

You can call Richard Sherman a lot of things. Arrogant, Cocky, an a******. But he is not racist. And if that is your definition of racism you need to go back to highschool. Unbelievable.

Guess Sherman needs to go back to high school then.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Then either pay for Sunday Ticket or find another option online.   This isn't the first time this has happened so I'm not sure why you're surprised.

I was watching the game on Sunday Ticket and it was still showing th3 Broncos game so don't tell me to pay for it when I already am

2 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Eagles just destroyed the cowboys, that team is firing on all cylinders

Trap game next week against the Bears and then Seahawks in Seattle and Rams in LA in the Coliseum back to back.

If NBC doesn't flex the Rams/Eagles game to SNF they are crazy.

Eagles deserve to be on the biggest stage on back to back weeks.

17 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Where did I say that, or rather imply that?

It appears as if whenever Seattle has a key injury, it's not a problem because the next guy is actually going to somehow be at par or be better than the guy he's replacing. 

Cliff Avril. Richard Sherman. Kam Chancellor.  Most Hawks fans I know understand that losing these 3 guys is an enormous loss, both on the field and in the locker room (Ok, maybe not Sherm in the locker room). 

But it seems like with you after each of these injuries, it's 'don't worry, the guy coming in is actually going to do better in these ways' . 

I suppose it's a great mindset to be an optimist. I wish we had a LB to replace Hightower who I could say is going to perform to par or better than him. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

It appears as if whenever Seattle has a key injury, it's not a problem because the next guy is actually going to somehow be at par or be better than the guy he's replacing. 

Cliff Avril. Richard Sherman. Kam Chancellor.  Most Hawks fans I know understand that losing these 3 guys is an enormous loss, both on the field and in the locker room (Ok, maybe not Sherm in the locker room). 

But it seems like with you after each of these injuries, it's 'don't worry, the guy coming in is actually going to do better in these ways' . 

I suppose it's a great mindset to be an optimist. I wish we had a LB to replace Hightower who I could say is going to perform to par or better than him. 

I am kind of a nerd for defensive schemes, through my playing days and now I always liked seeing how they work. I listen to podcasts on, watch youtube videos on them, read articles, hell I have gone to coaching conferences and seen NFL and NCAA coaches talk about their schemes. It is a guilty pleasure of mine. So I am fairly confident in saying that I know more about defensive schemes than a lot of fans. Some positions in schemes are more valuable than others. Seattle's base is a 4-3, but they play in a 4-2-5 the most, given the passing nature of the NFL today In Seattle's defense which is Cover 3 heavy (they play if 54% of the time, I would argue it could be more because their are a lot of similarities to the cover 1), 3 things make it successful. A Center-Fielder Free Safety (Seattle has the best in the business), 2 Athletic linebackers (again Seattle has the best in the business in Wagner and Wright) and a Pass Rush (Pretty decent in that department as well). So while having players like Sherman and Chancellor help (and they do, you cant replace Shermans length and ball playing ability, or Chancellor's physicality), they do not make or break the defense as they are not irreplaceable to this defense. Earl going down does. Both Wagner and Wright going down does. As far as the Avril loss, yea it shortens the rotation at DE, but Freeney has come in and been pretty damn disruptive as a edge rusher in limited snaps (3 sacks in 3 games). 

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

I am kind of a nerd for defensive schemes, through my playing days and now I always liked seeing how they work. I listen to podcasts on, watch youtube videos on them, read articles, hell I have gone to coaching conferences and seen NFL and NCAA coaches talk about their schemes. It is a guilty pleasure of mine. So I am fairly confident in saying that I know more about defensive schemes than a lot of fans. Some positions in schemes are more valuable than others. Seattle's base is a 4-3, but they play in a 4-2-5 the most, given the passing nature of the NFL today In Seattle's defense which is Cover 3 heavy (they play if 54% of the time, I would argue it could be more because their are a lot of similarities to the cover 1), 3 things make it successful. A Center-Fielder Free Safety (Seattle has the best in the business), 2 Athletic linebackers (again Seattle has the best in the business in Wagner and Wright) and a Pass Rush (Pretty decent in that department as well). So while having players like Sherman and Chancellor help (and they do, you cant replace Shermans length and ball playing ability, or Chancellor's physicality), they do not make or break the defense as they are not irreplaceable to this defense. Earl going down does. Both Wagner and Wright going down does. As far as the Avril loss, yea it shortens the rotation at DE, but Freeney has come in and been pretty damn disruptive as a edge rusher in limited snaps (3 sacks in 3 games). 

I definitely agree with everything you stated. I too played and now coach, so I certainly see your perspective of Seattle's defense running through Earl, Wagner/Right and the D-line. However, where I'd disagree is, opposing QB's now know that to minimize the effect the D-line can have is to use formations to isolate their skill guys in 1 on 1 with the DB's. Earl isn't going to help much with the entirety of the defense if he is dropping down to cover. And if you're going to have Wagner or Wright or both go out into coverage against a spread, then you're going to have mismatch's and hope your 4 man pass rush gets there before the QB can throw.  Against teams that don't have the personnel to do that, there won't be much of a difference. Against a team that can spread them out with 4 or 5 quality guys (Not having Freeman is going to hurt Atlanta), you'll notice the difference in not having Sherman/Chancellor. If I'm a QB, I'm gameplanning against Griffin and Coleman, whereas previously the gameplans were going away from Sherman.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I definitely agree with everything you stated. I too played and now coach, so I certainly see your perspective of Seattle's defense running through Earl, Wagner/Right and the D-line. However, where I'd disagree is, opposing QB's now know that to minimize the effect the D-line can have is to use formations to isolate their skill guys in 1 on 1 with the DB's. Earl isn't going to help much with the entirety of the defense if he is dropping down to cover. And if you're going to have Wagner or Wright or both go out into coverage against a spread, then you're going to have mismatch's and hope your 4 man pass rush gets there before the QB can throw.  Against teams that don't have the personnel to do that, there won't be much of a difference. Against a team that can spread them out with 4 or 5 quality guys (Not having Freeman is going to hurt Atlanta), you'll notice the difference in not having Sherman/Chancellor. If I'm a QB, I'm gameplanning against Griffin and Coleman, whereas previously the gameplans were going away from Sherman.

Fair points. However not many teams have 5 high quality skill position players. Off the top of my head, I can only think of the Eagles, the Chiefs, the Pats and the Steelers. Maybe the Rams when their run game is working. The Falcons are a team without an offensive identity. I like Sark, but he is being forced to stick with Shanahan's system. Sark has always been a guy that has been run first. And he is struggling to adapt. As for game planning against Griffin, I would be weary. He is a rookie, but he understands the scheme really well, and I am happy with how he has progressed this year. He is a good player, basically who I thought Tharold Simon was going to be when we drafted him.