The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 11/4/2018 at 2:42 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Or Leveon Bell for that matter. Talk about a guy torpedoing his career listening to some bad advice. What has he lost so far this year like 10 million?

Nobody is paying him in free agency either. Its clear he is a product of the Steelers system, where James Conner, is playing just as good if not better while not being a distraction.

How the Steelers doin :ph34r:

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

Eagles in the playoffs!!!!!

Thank you Cousins for choking again. @Chip Kelly can't say I saw this moment coming after the loss to Dallas, but now we get a shot to defend the title :)

It's unbelievable. Nick Foles has the chance to lead this team on another magical run and cement his place in history as the greatest backup qb in NFL history.

Playing in the bitter cold in Chicago next week with badly bruised ribs,staring down Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks and that ferocious Bears d will be a big test.

Eagles d traditionally struggles against mobile QBs like Trubisky so this will be a very difficult game for both sides of the ball.

Turnovers and special teams could be huge in this game.

If they can win this first one though, they will be dangerous.

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

How the Steelers doin :ph34r:

I dont think Bell would be a huge difference maker. They were getting along fine before Conner got hurt. Then Jaylen Samuel the rookie steeped up too and shredded the Patriots.

I think you have to blame the defensive secondary more and the DC for playing so much man coverage with pedestrian cornerbacks.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

It's unbelievable. Nick Foles has the chance to lead this team on another magical run and cement his place in history as the greatest backup qb in NFL history.

Playing in the bitter cold in Chicago next week with badly bruised ribs,staring down Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks and that ferocious Bears d will be a big test.

Eagles d traditionally struggles against mobile QBs like Trubisky so this will be a very difficult game for both sides of the ball.

Turnovers and special teams could be huge in this game.

If they can win this first one though, they will be dangerous.

Feel a bit bad for Foles....those bruised ribs cost him a Million dollar bonus:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813195-nick-foles-missed-out-on-1-million-bonus-after-suffering-injury-vs-redskins?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pears said:

If Foles wins the Eagles another Super Bowl, would they consider trading Wentz? If so, what would it take?

I think they would try to trade Foles for 3 1st round picks at that point. That whole scenario is too crazy though. I just want to see if they can go on a mini run here. Haha.

24 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think they will pay him. The owner is pretty good for rewarding players.  Especially Foles is a legend in Philly now. The whole crowd chanted his name when he came back last week vs the Texans, to lead that game winning drive, after Clowney delivered that vicious shot to the solar plexus.

3 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Seahawks-Cowboys are playing during the WJHC Gold Medal Game. How in gods name is that not the SNF matchup? I am appalled. 

Eagles vs Bears game should be on Saturday. Was surprised honestly too, that they didn't put it on Sunday in the late window. I think that is the better game and matchup.

8 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I think they will pay him. The owner is pretty good for rewarding players.  Especially Foles is a legend in Philly now. The whole crowd chanted his name when he came back last week vs the Texans, to lead that game winning drive, after Clowney delivered that vicious shot to the solar plexus.

I got a chuckle out of Agholor giving the ball to a kid, on Sudfeld's first NFL TD pass.

Looked like they talked the kid into giving up the ball and they gave him another one....:lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DonLever said:

I am pretty sure the NFL don't take into account junior hockey when scheduling their football games.

Obviously they don't take WJH into account. I just thought that having their most popular team (The Cowgirls) and one of the leagues better QBs (Wilson) in the SNF timeslot makes sense from a marketing perspective

• Upvote 1