The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 3/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, Tre Mac said:

Bruce Allen is the agent of Micheal Buble / Bryan Adams lol.  Daniel Snyder is the owner of the Redskins.  

Bruce Allen used to be the Redskins GM now he is the VP or President. Doug Williams, the first ever black qb to win a SB, is their GM.

Snyder is the scumbag owner though you are correct, and he surrounds himself with "Yes" men seemingly.

Honestly, we were able to re-sign everyone of significance (Hart isn’t significant), losing Kroft to Buffalo kinda sucked but if we can sign/draft a linebacker or two and maybe a right tackle we’re actually looking ok. 

On 3/15/2019 at 3:03 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

He broke his son's arm. Didn't AP only whip his son with a belt? Seems tame compared to breaking bones 

He broke a branch off and whipped him with it. He said it was how he was raised. It really was blown out of proportion. There is a difference between abuse and then form a discipline. The government should have no place telling parents how to raise their kids as far as I am concerned.

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

He broke a branch off and whipped him with it. He said it was how he was raised. It really was blown out of proportion. There is a difference between abuse and then form a discipline. The government should have no place telling parents how to raise their kids as far as I am concerned.

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

The government should have no place telling parents how to raise their kids as far as I am concerned.

This is one of the worst takes I've seen on this site. You think it is not the government/society's business that some family is being beaten/starved and locked in cages?

Shame on you.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

and he surrounds himself with "Yes" men seemingly.

Hope the same thing isn't happening with the Canucks haha.

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, gurn said:

This is one of the worst takes I've seen on this site. You think it is not the government/society's business that some family is being beaten/starved and locked in cages?

Shame on you.

Woah - you took that from 0 to 100. I got the wooden spoon to the back side when I was a kid when I deserved it, I wouldn't expect the RCMP to show up and say hey stop that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Woah - you took that from 0 to 100. I got the wooden spoon to the back side when I was a kid when I deserved it, I wouldn't expect the RCMP to show up and say hey stop that. 

Neither would I but he did not put limits on his statement.

So perhaps he meant to say something different, but did not.?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Shame on you.

There's a difference between discipline and child abuse.

6 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

There's a difference between discipline and child abuse.

So you do think the government has some rights on how people raise their kids?

Glad to see the last few hours had led to some change in your position. good on ya.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Neither would I but he did not put limits on his statement.

So perhaps he meant to say something different, but did not.?

You're the one who just tried to blow things out of proportional to make some sort of ridiculous statement. 

1 minute ago, gurn said:

So you do think the government has some rights on how people raise their kids?

Glad to see the last few hours had led to some change in your position. good on ya.

5 hours ago, peaches5 said:

I mistyped it but I said the same thing in my first post. You're the one who once again looks like a total fool. 

7 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

You're the one who just tried to blow things out of proportional to make some sort of ridiculous statement. 

I took you at your word, then you either changed your mid or decided to explain yourself a little better. My statement was a direct reply to yours.

Had you said something along the lines of "I'm concerned with how much the government should interfere we would have had no problems.

your original statement was an absolute, so I showed you just how silly absolutes are.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I had a wooden spoon break on my ass lol. My uncle also had one break on him, but he was a dumbass and said "what are you going to do now". 

I don't think spanking is necessary for discipline, but I don't mind it if the parent can hold back their frustration and keep it to a disciplinary action.

Edited by c00kies

13 hours ago, peaches5 said:

When you have as many kids as some of these guys, you can afford to "send a message".

Gronk :(

Most dominant TE ever. Real happy for him but at the same time man is this going to take a while to comprehend. 

Forget about greatest TE ever, he’s arguably a top10 most dominant player in the NFL. With all the major injuries, surgeries and setbacks, he was always able to get back up and do it with a smile on his face while giving everyone around him enjoyment. Fitting his last catch was that catch to the 1 yard line against a triple team in the SB which led to the game winning TD...he leaves football as he entered - unguardable.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1