The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 hours ago, Pears said:

So, Tua or Herbert?

Miami will likely get the 1st pick.  For Cincy's sake though I hope they don't win more than 1 or 2 this season.  They need an above average QB and a much much better o-line and the 2nd pick in the first 3 rounds will definitely help with that.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lol Hodges could’ve jumped on that ball but got too scared. Pulled a Newton in the super bowl

Surprised the Panthers are winning now that Cam is out?  I love watching Cam play, but have teams figured him out?  

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Miami will likely get the 1st pick.  For Cincy's sake though I hope they don't win more than 1 or 2 this season.  They need an above average QB and a much much better o-line and the 2nd pick in the first 3 rounds will definitely help with that.

If we get top 2 or 3 I’d be down to get Chase Young and Dylan Moses if he’s still available at the end of the 1st/early 2nd round. I’d just be worried about getting caught in no man’s land if we don’t go QB this year, then we’re not bad enough to get Lawrence in 2021. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Pears said:

If we get top 2 or 3 I’d be down to get Chase Young and Dylan Moses if he’s still available at the end of the 1st/early 2nd round. I’d just be worried about getting caught in no man’s land if we don’t go QB this year, then we’re not bad enough to get Lawrence in 2021. 

For sure.  Their scouts need to earn their money this year and evaluate the bejeezus out of the top 5 QBs in this draft because besides Lawrence, the following 2021 draft isn't looking that great for QBs yet.

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Herbert. Alabama QBs never work out for some reason

That’s my biggest worry, and the fact Tua’s left handed too would change how we would operate on offense. I’ve heard good things about Herbert so far so that’s promising. 

32 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

For sure.  Their scouts need to earn their money this year and evaluate the bejeezus out of the top 5 QBs in this draft because besides Lawrence, the following 2021 draft isn't looking that great for QBs yet.

Maybe we go Young with our 1st pick, then depending on how the year plays out take Jalen Hurts with our next one? He’s another guy who’s been on fire to start.