The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Outstanding game. Wild wild game....congrats to KC on a very successful year though. Arguably overcame and did more than expected than any other team heading into the season. Best of luck to Indy as well.

KC similar to the Leafs last season

Don't get your hopes up lol. Still a long ways to go for every team involved.

Don't see either the Pats or Broncos losing at home in the cold to a inside dome team, a southern california team, or the young Bengals (Who pose the biggest threat out of the 3).

If SD wins tomorrow, Pats get the Colts at home. If the Bengals win tomorrow, Pats get them at home. So I'm rooting hard for the Chargers tomorrow. Not because I think Luck is a bad QB, but because their defense can't shut down Brady like the Bengals can.

got a question for CDC why is Philly playing at home vs N.O with a worse record than them

Because Philly won their division, New Orleans did not, so the division leaders automatically get 1 home playoff game.

The NFL is likely to change the format next season to where the top 6 records in each conference make the playoffs, and get seeded accordingly.

got a question for CDC why is Philly playing at home vs N.O with a worse record than them

Eagles won their division and get a high seed, while the Saints did not win their division and thus get a lower seed.

We just witnessed a historic game. Great game, great game. I wonder what the few Colts fans were thinking after leaving after Luck's int to start the 3rd q happened.

Some people must have left..

Ya that was me. After that turnover I left to go pick up something across town to get back in time for the second game. Damn I'm pissed at myself now that I've seen the score. Not making that mistake again :P

OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

Left the house with the KC/Colts game out of reach. Over, done.

Plan was to drive to Garry Point, drop the tree off with the firemen, then walk around GP for my usual deal.

But, as I dropped off the tree, the Colts scored...was it REALLY 41-38? Holy crap, they were on a comeback tear. I'd shut the game down, loaded the tree and drove the couple miles and they scored a bazillion points? Cool. So, dropped the tree off and parked to hear KC get a field goal. Hmmm.

OK, still within reach...was blown away that they'd apparently made it a game. Left the car idling (sorry green folks). 44-38.

I'll be damned if we didn't have ourselves a game here. What? How?

But yes, we did. So, screw the walk, watch the beautiful sunset from the car and listen to the game. All the resolutioners were glaring at me, probably because like a weirdo I had the radio blaring and car running...ok, I get it, I'll drive around and leave y'all in peace.

Had to pick up veggies at Super Grocer, so I'll slowly cruise there. Pull into their lot. KC with possession, Colts had to play big - did. Stopped them.

Colts get the ball. NO WAY....they do it? They score to take the lead. By now, idling in the grocery store parking lot. Injuries. Time outs. C'mon man, I'm going to run out of gas here. But there's no way I'm shutting this game off (why the hell did I leave the house again?).

Play finally resumes. Shoppers entering the store wonder why a crazy lady is sitting in her car.

Listening vs watching seems to take forever in between plays. Colts D coming up big. Needed to push them back...AND THEY DO IT. Intentional grounding, woohoo.

As the seconds ticked down, they had the best moments of their lives I'm sure. Coming back, they HAD to finish this off and did. Takeover with time on the clock that they could run down.

And, that's how my walk went. I sat my lazy butt in the car and listened to one of the biggest playoff comebacks (ever?...not sure, will have to Google). Wow, glad I didn't abandon that one.

And, the Sports Action ticket is still going (Colts, NO, Canucks)

Wow. Best game I ever didn't watch.

• Upvote 1