The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Four of us left in the survivor league after today.

Beats by Ray, freshprince, Gally and Madness.

One survivor pool I'm in had 350 people at the start. 29 people were left heading into week 3. I picked Saints this week and they barely covered.

They have to cover the spread too, so if you picked Oakland you would have won.

Brady seems agitated with McDaniels. His play calling, as it had been for the better part of a decade, is atrocious. Brady just needs to tell him to F off and take control at the line.

3rd and 20 and the genius that is McDaniels calls an A gap dive. Not even a draw. Me thinks he's got an 8 year old playing madden telling him which plays to run.

What do you expect? Tecmo Bowl only has 4 play options. Cut the guy some slack.

• Upvote 1

Yup. I remember watching that play like it was just yesterday. It didn't even start out that well, as he dropped the ball initially, but then the miracle happened.

I'm probably going to miss the game seeing as it's not on T.V. and I'll be studying (so I won't use a feed on the computer).

I'm going to rely on you for a report on the game :lol:

Here's my 2 cents better late than never I guess... :lol:

Encouraging to see Maclin have a big game and Jordan Matthews the nephew of the GOAT Jerry Rice step up and get his first 2 tds as a rookie.

Going to need Ertz next week too to win in San fran against a physical d. Will be interesting to see if the Eagles can contain Kapernick and shut down the 49ers run game.

The d still concerns me especially 2 particular players in Cary Williams and Nate Allen. They need to pick it up. Malcolm Jenkins has been a good add to stabilize one of the safety spots but there are still coverage breakdowns when there should not be.

It's it just me or are there no black kickers or punters?

Marquette King is the only black punter in the NFL. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquette_King

Eagles CB Cary williams said the slow starts are because players are fatiqued from practice. Wtf lol man up Williams, it doesn't even make sense since Eagles are better in the 2nd half which would make them more tired if they were already tired to begin with

This guy is contstanly getting burned. Today he got toasted by Desean on the 81 yard bomb and he starts yelling at Nate Allen.

His idiotic comments are starting to get on my nerves. Not the type of character that is needed.

His production doesn't match his mouth.

Here's my 2 cents better late than never I guess... :lol:

Encouraging to see Maclin have a big game and Jordan Matthews the nephew of the GOAT Jerry Rice step up and get his first 2 tds as a rookie.

Going to need Ertz next week too to win in San fran against a physical d. Will be interesting to see if the Eagles can contain Kapernick and shut down the 49ers run game.

The d still concerns me especially 2 particular players in Cary Williams and Nate Allen. They need to pick it up. Malcolm Jenkins has been a good add to stabilize one of the safety spots but there are still coverage breakdowns when there should not be.

Marquette King is the only black punter in the NFL. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquette_King

This guy is contstanly getting burned. Today he got toasted by Desean on the 81 yard bomb and he starts yelling at Nate Allen.

His idiotic comments are starting to get on my nerves. Not the type of character that is needed.

His production doesn't match his mouth.

Thanks for the report. I only got to see bits and pieces, but I was pissed at the Defense for allowing a TD in 99 seconds. I'm happy with how Foles did, especially with a depleted O-line (props to the guys for competing though) and no run game.

The next game will be huge, and we're going to need better defense to win.

Rumours swirling that Detroit has decided to cut Nate Freese and are planning on signing former Eagles kicker Alex Henery. So Mr. Ambien and NPF can stop making fun of us now hopefully. Not that it was undeserved ridicule for how bad he was kicking.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/09/reports_detroit_lions_cut_seve.html

Also big loss for the defense with that units leader, Stephen Tulloch, gone for the year with an ACL injury that happened doing a discount double check after a sack :picard: How Detroit

Edited by canuckfan_21

Rumours swirling that Detroit has decided to cut Nate Freese and are planning on signing former Eagles kicker Alex Henery. So Mr. Ambien and NPF can stop making fun of us now hopefully. Not that it was undeserved ridicule for how bad he was kicking.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/09/reports_detroit_lions_cut_seve.html

Also big loss for the defense with that units leader, Stephen Tulloch, gone for the year with an ACL injury that happened doing a discount double check after a sack :picard: How Detroit

You know you're desperate when you sign Henery.

That injury really sucks, especially since it wasn't play related.

In my money league, I'm up 4 points heading into the game with just the Bears defense left and he has Brandon Marshall left. Win and I go to 3-0

Driving home, the 1040 sports update told me Geno's first pass was a pick 6 and the car beside me thought I was having an "episode" because I fist pumped haha.

Edited by NucksPatsFan