The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Man, you know you've had it good when 2-2 and tied for the division lead is a bad time. Try sitting through 0-16 and no super bowl titles despite being there the whole era. I'm sure I can get some agreement from the couple Bills fans on here periodically.

If you talk to a Bills fan who can consciously remember losing 4 straight super bowls, they may not have much sympathy :P

I cannot believe the media attention the Patriots are still getting over a week 4 blowout loss, feels like Super Bowl week with how every network can only seem to talk about the Patriots loss. Absolutely nothing is being said about a 1-3 Saints team who just got spanked in prime time as well. This has got to be one of the biggest over reactions in recent memory.

Even TSN 1040 was still talking about the Patriots 2 days after a week 4 regular season game, and they're a Vancouver based radio station home to our local teams. Crazy.

I cannot believe the media attention the Patriots are still getting over a week 4 blowout loss, feels like Super Bowl week with how every network can only seem to talk about the Patriots loss. Absolutely nothing is being said about a 1-3 Saints team who just got spanked in prime time as well. This has got to be one of the biggest over reactions in recent memory.

Even TSN 1040 was still talking about the Patriots 2 days after a week 4 regular season game, and they're a Vancouver based radio station home to our local teams. Crazy.

Well they were pretty hyped and it seems like almost everyone had them going to the SB including myself. How foolish lol. Pats are on a downward spiral imo.

My Ravens on the other hand look frickin awesome. Let's go Ravens!

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11621703&city=boston&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FuCZxzS58jO%22%7D&ex_cid=sportscenterTW

...it's a shame the Pats can't surround Tom with the talented he needs to end of his career at the top. Broncs and Elway have given Peyton all the weapons imaginable and then some and aren't cheaping out. They're spending money and know what it'll take.

Pats on the other hand, ugghhhh...so frustrating! As much as I love the Pats way, this is probably the only thig I hate - the way they go about the business side of things. Me.Kraft said this was the worst game he's ever seen as owner but it really is his fault. Being so picky with their finance structure, they cheap out and don't pay for impact players and we've been feeling the effects of it for years now. Revis is no where close to what he used to be and he's old and can't hold up with WR's like he used to. No weapons for Brady, no o-line, no run Defense. There's no way the Pats win with how this roster is doing. Even with Browner and Tims, it's no where enough.

The sad reality of the Pats...oh well, still support them through thick and thin but man this is a bad time honestly.

Wow, I can't help but remember that post you made in the preseason. What happened?

Wow, I can't help but remember that post you made in the preseason. What happened?

Let me rephrase that...they can but it'd take a total turnaround from the current players because clearly they are not playing to their potential. With Browner and Tims comings, that's a huge plus. Browner will be able to set the tone back there and Tims will really surprise you...he's a good WR that can make it happen.

However, what I meant to say was the Pats most likely will win and start winning and lose one or two more games down the schedule but they'll make the playoffs. Only thing bothering me its been the same story for the past number of years that they can make it but aren't really a great team. They are a good team but not great and their lack of support around Tom is killing them, especially with that o-line being so disfunctional. I mean Bill will figure it out momentarily and we can luck out in the playoffs being a 1 game series but I'm just surprised they aren't as dominant as they should be. Can't seem to find a rhythm & I agree with NPF...JM needs to go. He was let go before for a reason and seems frustration is building up with him and Tom again. JM used to be great but ever since Moss left, he kinda went wacko lol.

I'm curious to see how Browner does under the new rules. I was a big fan when he was on the Hawks but even with the LOB he was sometimes prone to getting beat by speedy receivers. He took quite a few penalties as a result.

That being said I truly hope he does well. I think he got a raw deal from the NFL. His suspension was more of a retaliatory move from the NFL for challenging the rules than it was a punishment for smoking weed. Ultimately it cost him a superbowl championship and a spot on the team, not to mention the financial loss.

It's the Patriots. People expect us to do well and when we don't, they talk about it. And they talk about it for a long time until the next game.

It's the Patriots. People expect us to do well and when we don't, they talk about it. And they talk about it for a long time until the next game.

Over a decade of double digit wins every season kinda makes people start to think its just automatic that they make the post season (2008 11-5 and missed the playoffs but that was with Matt Cassel as QB). If they lose this Sunday to Cinci, and I think they will, expect the talk to become almost non-stop.

Over a decade of double digit wins every season kinda makes people start to think its just automatic that they make the post season (2008 11-5 and missed the playoffs but that was with Matt Cassel as QB). If they lose this Sunday to Cinci, and I think they will, expect the talk to become almost non-stop.

Correct me if I'm wrong but since NO got Brees haven't they had double digit wins every season for nearly a decade?

It's just so odd to me that the media's go to team in the Cowboys embarrasses the favourite New Orleans Saints and New Orleans (also picked by some to go to the Super Bowl) now look like they might not even make the playoffs, and no one is talking about it. One would've thought they'd be planning the parade route in Dallas after that win.

I'm just glad hockey season starts in a few days so the media will have other stuff to go on about.

Side note: Dobson was sat last game for mouthing off to McDaniels. Hopefully that builds some solidarity between him and Brady, who also would love to give McDaniels a piece of his mind.

Man, you know you've had it good when 2-2 and tied for the division lead is a bad time. Try sitting through 0-16 and no super bowl titles despite being there the whole era. I'm sure I can get some agreement from the couple Bills fans on here periodically.

If you talk to a Bills fan who can consciously remember losing 4 straight super bowls, they may not have much sympathy :P

I remember those super bowl losses and all the losing seasons that have followed.

Honestly, the only ones that really hurt years later are the "wide right" game against the Giants and the "Music City Miracle" which I will go to my grave saying was a forward lateral...

Correct me if I'm wrong but since NO got Brees haven't they had double digit wins every season for nearly a decade?

It's just so odd to me that the media's go to team in the Cowboys embarrasses the favourite New Orleans Saints and New Orleans (also picked by some to go to the Super Bowl) now look like they might not even make the playoffs, and no one is talking about it. One would've thought they'd be planning the parade route in Dallas after that win. . .

Not double digit every season but pretty close to it.

I'm surprised that there's been so much talk about the Pats and very little about the saints awful start. There were still big expectations this season. Defence was good last year and they went out and signed the top safety on the market. The d was supposed to improve. I've seen people put the Saints to go the super bowl this season.

Plus this 1-3 start is during one of our easier stretches of the schedule. Still have panthers x2, Packers, Bengals, lions, bears, Ravens and 49ers.

I know im worried about our playoff hopes.

Edited by Madness

What happened to James White? I heard so much about him in the pre season, where is he now? I dont know cause i don't follow the pats, but while we're on the running too if thought I'd ask.

He had a total of 36 yards in very limited playing time on Monday, only something like 5 touches I believe.

He is another victim of Josh McDaniels. Our two tallest receivers get benched by McDaniels because they hurt his feelings. James White and I'd go as far to say even Brandon Bolden have a different running style from Vereen and Ridley and are very fast, explosive guys, yet they never enter games because McDaniels doesn't know how to do his job.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

And one thing I don't get is - why aren't the Pats running the ball anymore? They've clearly not been a throw-reliable team anymore as their primary source of offense. Last year, they did what they did by running it. Had they not, the season would've been pretty subpar and dissapointing. They don't have any game breakers at WR, Gronk is getting sheltered minutes, so why not just go with ol' reliable and hand it off? Beyond me really, especially with the depth they have there.

Not panicking, just curious but knowing BB, they'll have a solid comeback game most likely and make people forget what even happened versus Kansas...but even then, doesn't solve their problems and they'll go through it when they face tougher opponents whether it be in the season, if not, playoffs where they'll be knocked out in a do or die system.

Ridley is garbage. That's why.

Plus, McDaniels is a moron.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect