The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

B4Tcy6TCcAAg1Jm.jpg

Wow, surprised the refs let that Akeem Ayers interception stand, surprised they didn't make up a helmet to helmet penalty again.

Although they may have got the call on the field wrong, isn't a shoulder to head or neck area of a receiver the same penalty? I didn't have time to see the replay so I'm not sure if that's where he got him.

Although they may have got the call on the field wrong, isn't a shoulder to head or neck area of a receiver the same penalty? I didn't have time to see the replay so I'm not sure if that's where he got him.

You can't have a penalty named helmet to helmet hit but have the criteria include shoulders and necks.

They could've called hit to a defenseless receiver, it would've made more sense, but Al Michaels even noted that Green saw Browner at the last second and prepared for the hit.

Either way, it was a reputation call like you see on Burrows in the NHL.

You can't have a penalty named helmet to helmet hit but have the criteria include shoulders and necks.

They could've called hit to a defenseless receiver, it would've made more sense, but Al Michaels even noted that Green saw Browner at the last second and prepared for the hit.

Either way, it was a reputation call like you see on Burrows in the NHL.

That's what I mean. Even though it wasn't helmet to helmet it could still be a hit to head of a defenseless receiver and the result would have been the same. Refs often anounce the wrong calls and player numbers etc. due to miscommunication between refs but it doesn't mean there wasn't a penalty. Not saying that was the case here as a didn't see the replay but that still shot sure looks like shoulder to chin. That being said, had the receiver not bobbled the ball for 20 feet this never would have happened anyway. Browner got unlucky on that one.

Way to close out a defensive game - with a 70 yard touchdown pass to Edelman and then milk the clock with Blount.

In a defensive game, Brady still comes out with 300+ yards and 2 TDs. The Chargers defense played well, but the Patriots defense played a bit better. The pass rush was awesome, and this is all without our best pass rusher Chandler Jones.

Revis island remains a no vacancy zone - did Keenan Allen play tonight?

Pretty ugly win when compared to the rest of the season, but all that matters is staying in the #1 seed position.

What an embarrassment today. One of the worst losses I've seen. Just brutal. This team beats PIT on the road and Green Bay, yet they get blown out by Carolina at home.

At least Brees' touchdown streak will remain. Thanks Bills D.

Yeah.. what is going on there anyways this year? Thought they were supposed to have a good d that carried over from late last year?

How can they be behind the Falcons and their one dimensional passing game and lack of threat at RB?

Falcons d is worse than Eagles I think surprisingly.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Dallas should take notes from Seattle for their big game next week.

Didn't they beat Seattle in Seattle earlier this year... Don't know which notes they can take.

Certainly can't magically make their defense better in one week.

If anything looking forward to Eagles taking out their frustration against Seattle out on the Cowboys and giving them another Knockout in round 2.

• Upvote 1