The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

What I think are the keys to the game for each to win:

For the Patriots:

- Don't throw more than 40 times, run the ball and keep Luck off the field

- Make Luck beat you with Herron, Wayne and Moncrief, and not Allen, Fleener and Hilton

- Make the Colts run by being physical with the receivers, it's supposed to be a wet and rainy day

For the Colts:

- Come out in formations that creates separation for Hilton to use his speed against Revis

- Identify pre snap when Fleener and/or Allen are in single coverage with a line back or McCourty who himself is undersized vs both guys

- Don't let the run game of the Patriots get going, because once you start putting 7 in the box, Tom will go to work

For the Seahawks:

- Make Rodgers test out that calf by collapsing the pocket - if it's still super bad, it's a game ender

- Limit Lacy to inside runs where the big guys can do the heavy lifting and the linebackers don't get worn down

- Don't get over confident and leave guys like Nelson and Cobb in single coverage with no safety help, as good as the DBs are, those 2 receivers aren't your average joes and can burn any DB in this league

For the Packers:

- Pick on Maxwell and Tharold Simon, the Packers 2nd and 3rd receivers are better than the Seahawks 2nd and 3rd CB's (Not DB's, which would include Earl Thomas, but strictly CBs)

- Get Lacy going, and don't stray away from the run game after a quarter if it isn't working

- Have a linebacker spy on every single down, with less depth at receiver with Richardson out, make Wilson beat you by throwing and not running

What I think will happen tomorrow:

Patriots 38 - Colts 27

Seahawks 27 - Packers 21

Not too thrilled about the stat that all 8 of Belichick's post season losses are in re-match games vs teams he beat in the regular season, and that Andrew Luck is undefeated in rematch games vs teams he's lost to before that same season. Hopefully both those trends are bucked.

Both road teams are capable of pulling the upsets, and for both teams it falls heavily on the play of their QB, but I think in the end both New England and Seattle are better suited and built for a full 4 quarter game. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Packers take a 3 or 7 point lead into half time, but their defense isn't built to close out games.

Let's hope we can, in a civil manner, discuss a New England - Seattle super bowl for the next 2 weeks after tomorrow. And if we can't, well, at least we'll have seen 1, or both of Rodgers and Luck have the game of their live's.

Happy Sunday to all tomorrow, enjoy the games! I know I'll be watching the first game nice and relaxed, while sweating out 5 pounds of anxiety during the 2nd. :ph34r:

And just remember, even if you're team doesn't win tomorrow: At least you're not Todd Bowles inheriting Geno Smith as your QB.

Edited by NucksPatsFan