The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On paper, this is a great match up. I know Sherman and Thomas are going to play, but I hope they're close to 100% because to be the best I want my team to beat the best.

Preliminary reports about Thomas are that it is a separated shoulder. Not disputing his heart and will to stay in the game and fight through it, but there were 2 specific players after he initially separated it that could've made it worse. I've treated many clients with separated shoulders of all degrees of severeness, and I've never seen a return to 180 degrees ROM within 3 weeks, let alone 2 weeks including a week and a half of having to use the shoulder in practice.

Hopefully it's not as serious as the preliminary reports. As for Sherman, I've read conflicting reports about whether it's torn ligaments, or a hyper extension. If I'm a Seattle fan I'm hoping for the hyper extension because those are 2 very different injuries in terms of how it can effect play.

TBH, the way SEA played against GB scares me - this could be a blowout like last year, but SEA on the receiving end of a spanking this time around - good thing I just enjoy watching two great teams compete. I favour SEA merely based on proximity to where I grew up (although I live a lot closer to NE now), but I'm really just looking forward to watching a good football game.

I agree with you that it's more likely than not that Sherman and Thomas are going to be limited if they play. I think two areas that GB screwed up in that the NE wouldn't are:

• two 4th and 1s - Brady and Belichick could and would have scored on these by going for it
  • when Thomas was out of the game + Sherman with one arm - Brady and Belichick would have tested Sherman and the depleted secondary and gone long all day every day

GB was the better team but lost because they lacked execution and boldness - they didn't play to win but merely defended the lead. The way I've seen NE play, they go for the kill and rip the throat out when they have the chance.

The NFC championship should have been a blowout like the AFC and would have been a blowout if NE was playing IMO. That being said, creds to SEA for having execution and boldness. They went for a trick play at 4th and 10 and got a TD instead of a FG - execution. They tried the onside kick, got it and took the lead - execution. They got the ball in OT and Russell executes two long throws to win the game. GB was the better team, but only SEA played to win the game, and that was the difference IMO. But NE also plays to win the game, so SEA can't afford to start the SB the way they did in the NFC championship.

I'm hoping for a really great game like everyone here. Brady with his 4th or SEA repeating for the first time since NE - I see greatness in either outcomes :)

Anyway enough trash talking. Good luck to the Patriots and the Seahawks. Should be an epic battle with one of the games greatest Quarterbacks, if not THE greatest and a future great Quarterback. The Pats have bolstered their Defense to get there, and frankly I feel great for Browner to be in the Superbowl after he got screwed by the NFL last year. Great player, great guy. As much as I hate the Pats I do respect Belichick and Brady and what they have accomplished in the past 15 years. Congrats to both teams and here's to an epic Superbowl.

Hell yeah good luck to the Seahawks. This has potential to be one of the greatest Superbowls in a looooooong time.

Hell yeah good luck to the Seahawks. This has potential to be one of the greatest Superbowls in a looooooong time.

I think a lot of people felt that way about last year too, but it ended in a blowout.

Hopefully we get to watch a great one in two weeks!

Cheatnation aside, this may be the last easy run for the Pats. Buffalo and Miami are coming. They showed glimpses this year, and will only get better. Teams like Bal, Indy, Pittsburgh, and Sd are getting better too! Imo this was the last cake walk of a year the Pats were going to have.

Haha the hate has been so real. Sorry that non-elite Joe Flacco won’t ever be half as good as “pretty boy” Tom. Indy’s defence is ass, Pittsburgh’s defence has been declining for the last few years, and SD’s defence was just awful this year. Baltimore is the only team on that list with a decent defence. Denver’s ****ed with salary cap issues so who even knows what they’re going to do. The Pats are going to run the AFC for the next 3-4 years (still).

Browner was in 1 on 1 coverage against Fleener for most of the game except for a couple snaps in the red zone where Revis covered him.

Fleener had 3 catches for 30 yards. Browner was also strong at the line of scrimmage against the run.

His worst snaps were against Wayne - therefore I don't see him lining up against Baldwin or Kearse, but rather against Willson.

Fleener is a te and he has average speed. The Colts as a team just got handled so I wouldn't look too much into that. Luke Wilson is freakishly fast for a tight end. Good luck with that one...

Haha the hate has been so real. Sorry that non-elite Joe Flacco wont ever be half as good as pretty boy Tom. Indys defence is ass, Pittsburghs defence has been declining for the last few years, and SDs defence was just awful this year. Baltimore is the only team on that list with a decent defence. Denvers ****ed with salary cap issues so who even knows what theyre going to do. The Pats are going to run the AFC for the next 3-4 years (still).

Aside from the cheatnation remark aha I'm not really hating. Just saying the afc is going to be tougher from now on.

Superbowl ring and still not elite? Right...he needs Belichik obvs

Edited by Jiggs50

if that's true, my source is getting a slap

In NCAA the penalty is applied to the PAT. In the NFL the penalized team kicks off from their own 20 instead of the 35.

Nonetheless, extra 15 yards of field position could've potentially been the difference between settling for Crosby's game tying FG, or possibly scoring the game winning touchdown. But that's a what if, and those can be debated forever.

If Lynch got caught doing that crotch grab, the Hawks would have had a 15 yard penalty tacked on to the 2 point conversion.

No way he would. Lynch did it for like a millisecond. The gif is slowed down to show it clearly but real time you could barely tell. Not worthy of a penalty.

No way he would. Lynch did it for like a millisecond. The gif is slowed down to show it clearly but real time you could barely tell. Not worthy of a penalty.

Duration doesn't dictate a penalty.

A lot "hands to the face" penalties are usually quicker than a blink where the hand slides up under the face mask quickly and then back down.

New England Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork went from helping wreck the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday night to helping a woman from out of her wrecked vehicle.

On his way driving home from Gillette Stadium at around 12:45 a.m., the 325-pound Wilfork stopped to the aid of a 38-year-old woman who was trapped in her Jeep Wrangler which had rolled over, the Massachusetts State Police said in a statement.

A trooper arrived and held open the side door as Wilfork reached in and helped the woman out of the vehicle with "one hand," per the police report.

"I just wanted to get her to safety," Wilfork told reporters Monday, per NFL Media's Jeff Darlington.

B7u9jk_CUAImAx9.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000460864/article/vince-wilfork-helps-pull-woman-from-wrecked-vehicle

HE CHEATED BY GETTING AN EXTRA WORK OUT IN BEFORE THE SUPER BOWL

B7vcG8UIIAArvqe.png

Edited by The Magician

Duration doesn't dictate a penalty.

A lot "hands to the face" penalties are usually quicker than a blink where the hand slides up under the face mask quickly and then back down.

It is in this case for excessive celebrating. Duration is what determines if it's a penalty or not for that. Hands to the face is hands to the face, doesn't really have anything to do with Beasts celebration..