The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

CFL ain't real football

Silly post.

Is the WHL not "real" hockey? Is MLS not "real" soccer?

i watch both and love both but canadian rules are far better...and the refs seem to be far better at applying them... very rarely when done watching a cfl game has anyone said the refs really messed the game up.. the dinosaur refs in the NFL take 20 minutes reviewing a call and still get it wrong.. its unbelievable

There are things I like and dislike about both sets of rules.

I actually prefer 3 down football, as it promotes throwing the ball, which IMO, is more exciting than the ground and pound we see in the NFL sometimes.

I also believe that CFL punt returns are far more exciting than their NFL counterparts.

However, I absolutely hate the CFL's rewarding failure, in giving a single point for a missed field goal that isn't returned. I'm okay with the rouge, since it has the potential for quite a bit of excitement.

We got a great defense, 4 and out. Our D line is one of the best, very physical LBs and a secondary that is intimidating. Mitchell doesn't even know how to throw after playing this defense for one drive.

Everybody is saying our defense isn't going to be good and we need to rebuild because of the loss of Banks, Shell, Bell, Moore but no chance. We'll be top 4 in the league.

Edited by Plum

Our O-Line sucks nuts in comparison to the rest of the team. I hope it doesn't become a big issue this year. It was last year. It still looks awful.

Yeah, Olafioye is the only one who is usually reliable. Hopefully Fabien stays healthy and shows what he can do compared to last year where he is was injured.

Wow, everything is clicking even if it is just preseason.

Defense is a group of stars from Mitchell and the D line, to the LB group lead by Bighill and Elimimian and the secondary with Phillips, Marsh, Parks. This is the team to beat.

Liked the look of Glenn last night. Great pick up by Buono. No reason to rush Lulay back, I say give him all the time he needs. Then again, our #2 position still looks weak. Beck didn't look all that great. I would have liked to see more of Partridge.

O line still needs work. Defense looked better than ever. Elimimian was everywhere.

McCallum was money as usual.

What a butt whoopin last night...guys look great. Nice to see Geroy on the sidelines...my guess is it won't be long before he's joining the team as part of the staff. ^Saw that Bighill clip earlier, pretty impressive!

What a butt whoopin last night...guys look great. Nice to see Geroy on the sidelines...my guess is it won't be long before he's joining the team as part of the staff. ^Saw that Bighill clip earlier, pretty impressive!

Lions are going to induct Geroy into the Ring of Honour July 25th against Winnipeg.

Imagine how many takes this must of took :lol:

Who cares, He's not a kicker, so thats pretty impressive.

Harris hasn't been impressing late last season and this pre-season. I understand our O-line isn't the best but I expect more from him.

I think he needs to stop trying to do the stutter step before the line on every play. Yes sometimes it works because the hole develops, but he needs to start hitting the hole with way more speed. To many 2nd and longs when we hand off the ball to him.

Harris hasn't been impressing late last season and this pre-season. I understand our O-line isn't the best but I expect more from him.

I feel it had a lot to do with Chapdelaine's play-calling. Hard to get much flow going in the run. That said, he still needed to make more of what he was given.

I think he needs to stop trying to do the stutter step before the line on every play. Yes sometimes it works because the hole develops, but he needs to start hitting the hole with way more speed. To many 2nd and longs when we hand off the ball to him.

It doesn't help that our offensive line hasn't been particularly impressive. I agree that Harris looks off and needs to change up/improve, but he's not getting a whole lot of help either at the moment.

There isnt something quite right there at all,,I cant see him back after 1 game..but given that..Glenn is a capable replacement..past him, we are in trouble.

With a healthy Lulay, I really like the QB situation but without him, they are one ankle sprain away from throwing someone to the wolves with zero CFL experience.

They better fix that offensive line, not just to protect the QB either, I think that might have had something to do with Harris' yard per carry drop in production last year.