The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

wish the games weren't on at the same time

but nice drive by the Lions during Canuck intermission ::D

This is the second straight year the Lions have played at home at the same time as the Canucks' home opener. Doesn't happen in other CFL/NHL cities. Only in Vancouver.

Why CFL? Why??

What about Montreal? Can't they crossover?

Montreal can crossover, but they need one more point (likely a win) to do it. The season series doesn't matter for crossing over either, as a tie doesn't do it.

Montreal is at 5-8 right now, but they play T.O on Monday, so I'm hopeful they'll fall to 5-9.

I usually don't like to blame the zebras for a loss, but I have to wonder at an officiating team that can spot all of these borderline holding calls, seemingly every time the Leos hit on a big play, yet they miss an obvious pick that happened in the middle of the field, with no-one else anywhere near....

• Upvote 1

I usually don't like to blame the zebras for a loss, but I have to wonder at an officiating team that can spot all of these borderline holding calls, seemingly every time the Leos hit on a big play, yet they miss an obvious pick that happened in the middle of the field, with no-one else anywhere near....

The officials are far too involved....come on, you could make a call every single play if you dissect the game enough. But it ruins it...let the teams decide the outcome, not calls. That big gain we had that was called back?....they don't even show where a hold was. I expect it, as a paying fan I want to see what they've called.

Plus that challenge on the spot...not sure about that one either.

The officials are far too involved....come on, you could make a call every single play if you dissect the game enough. But it ruins it...let the teams decide the outcome, not calls. That big gain we had that was called back?....they don't even show where a hold was. I expect it, as a paying fan I want to see what they've called.

Plus that challenge on the spot...not sure about that one either.

I was okay with the call on the spot. Pretty difficult to tell exactly where the ball was, but I totally agree on that holding call. They showed the Iso of the guy who was called and it looked like a borderline call at the absolute best.

I'm a referee myself and as such, I've had my share of people complaining about calls, however, in my case, it's almost always about something I didn't call. Unless the guy on the O-Line tackles the pass rusher, or is pulling the jersey off, let 'em play.

The missed call on the Bombers' last touchdown is inexplicable. That isn't a "let 'em play" situation, since it was an obvious infraction and led directly to a touchdown.

• Upvote 1