The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

As bad as the Elks are, that is still 2 shutouts for the Leos.

Evans goes 25/32 for 330 yards with 2 td

Mizzell 117 yards on 22 carries and 30 yards receiving on 2 catches.

Mizzell just had his best game as a Lion.

Wasn't enamoured with his play prior to his being injured. He played much better tonight. Hope that he keeps it up.

I'm watching the game and I am feeling bad for the Edmonton fans but oh well, glad that they didn't win against us.

Two shutouts. The Elks really are inept. Good thing they have the bye week to restructure. That is if they are competent to find new people.

• Upvote 1

2-4 Calgary at 2-3 Montreal, game time 4 pm pacific

Calgary has scored  152  and allowed  167  points

Montreal                    106                       111.

Much as I like Dave Dickinson- go Montreal go.

18 hours ago, Artemus said:

and I am feeling bad for the Edmonton fans

Anybody remember when Vic Rapp looked like he was having a stroke in the after game presser/interview following a game where the Esks (those hall of famer Hugh Campbell teams) pasted the Lions?

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Montreal wins 25-18, now 3-3 while Calgary falls to 2-5.

I propose a trade, these guys might  not have to move, but the commute will be a fair bit longer.

Dave Dickinson goes to Edmonton in return for Chris Jones.

First ever coach trade.?

Do it!

A bit of a change in Edmonton

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/wnba/tait-elks-make-a-change-but-the-season-is-pretty-much-done/ar-AA1eBKBB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3a5a000200be4476af9b6456f4d010d9&ei=21

....... "Jones, in his typical black get-up, announced his long-time first lieutenant Stephen McAdoo is out as offensive coordinator. Jarious Jackson assumes the lamented play sheet and the headset. It’s like rearranging the Titanic deck chairs … er, chair.    ...............

On 7/30/2023 at 4:40 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Anybody remember when Vic Rapp looked like he was having a stroke in the after game presser/interview following a game where the Esks (those hall of famer Hugh Campbell teams) pasted the Lions?

Yeah I remember that game. We must be of a similar age.

Vic Rapp, the Lions head coach, had to be restrained from a confrontation with Hugh Campbell.

We were being soundly beaten by the Eskimos. This was the Warren Moon led team that would win something like 5 out of the next 6 Grey Cups. A real powerhouse of a team.

Hugh Campbell had his team kick a field goal on the last play of the game to run up the score.

Rapp didn't like that. To Rapp, this was an attempt to embarrass the Lions.

Campbell did explain that with the two game total points tiebreaker formula, that he was just being thorough.

Rapp did not buy what Hughie was putting down.

Great memories of some good Lions football in the early '80's.

• Cheers 1

6-1 Lions @ 5-2 Winnipeg, game time 5:30 pacific.

Lions have scored 182 points while allowing 94-fewest in the league by 30, less than Toronto-who have a game in hand.

Winnipeg                190                                 147

Last time these teams met, in week 3  Lions won 30-6

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

Hope one of the top two QBs is ready for next week.

That hit by Bighill was the most annoying part of the game. He was obviously trying to drive Evans into the turf as hard as possible, this has been called consistently in both leagues lately. Injuring QBs like that is the last thing the CFL needs. BC should have thrown their flag.

• Upvote 1