The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Can't expect to win a game when your kicker gets most of the points

Nope, gotta get into the endzone from within the 20, Lions failed on those.

Also can't believe Banks is partially blaming the crowd noise for the miscommunications on the Lions D. Give me a break, crowd noise hardly phased the Stamps. When BC had the ball the crowd was pretty quit. Lost a little respect for Banks on that comment.

Tough game for BC. The blown coverage in the secondary really cost them. Cauchy Muamba got exposed badly today.

Bottom line in the biggest game of the year the usually reliable defence made the most crucial mistakes and played their worst game all season and that's the main reason the Lions lost.

Beauty summary. Couldn't have said it better myself.

You can't give up three big plays and expect to win without having a few big plays yourself.

Sounds like the Bombers last year in the Grey Cup; terrible secondary.

Edited by C00KIES

Beauty summary. Couldn't have said it better myself.

You can't give up three big plays and expect to win without having a few big plays yourself.

To add to that. I think the d-line also has to take some of the blame for the secondary getting exposed like that. They didn't generate any pressure and failed to get any sacks on Glenn.

You have to give Glenn some credit though for getting the ball out of his hands quickly and moving around in the pocket to evade the rush and buy enough time for his receivers to get wide open down field.

I don't care who is in the secondary if you can't generate a pass rush. Kevin Glenn was able to pick the Lions defense apart because he had the time to go through all his reads and made the big plays.

To add to that. I think the d-line also has to take some of the blame for the secondary getting exposed like that. They didn't generate any pressure and failed to get any sacks on Glenn.

I was thinking about that too. Do we congratulate the Stamps on that though? I don't know.

Either way pretty disappointing that the team with one of the best sack tallies (the best? can't remember) doesn't get a sack.

I hated losing to the Stamps but I think this is awesome.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=410061

STAMPS FANS GET THEIR WAY AS ROYAL YORK LETS HORSE IN

TORONTO -- The Royal York hotel has opened its doors to Marty the horse.

Calgary Stampeders fans finally got their chance this afternoon to recreate a Grey Cup tradition by marching the 15-year-old dark brown stallion through the lobby of the upscale Toronto hotel.

The Royal York had turned them away earlier in the day, citing safety concerns.

But after the Calgary Grey Cup Committee trotted Marty to other establishments downtown, the Royal York had a change of heart and allowed the horse inside.

Excited fans chanted "Go Stamps go!" as they surrounded Marty. CFL commissioner Marc Cohon also stopped by to see the stunt.

Stamps fans started the tradition in 1948 when they rode a horse through the Royal York lobby during Grey Cup festivities.

The Grey Cup game between the Calgary Stampeders and the Toronto Argonauts is Sunday at Rogers Centre.

Just part of what makes the CFL and the Grey Cup so great. The opposing city allows these kind of shenanigans as part of the celebration of OUR game.

*applause* to The Royal York :)

I hated losing to the Stamps but I think this is awesome.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=410061

STAMPS FANS GET THEIR WAY AS ROYAL YORK LETS HORSE IN

TORONTO -- The Royal York hotel has opened its doors to Marty the horse.

Calgary Stampeders fans finally got their chance this afternoon to recreate a Grey Cup tradition by marching the 15-year-old dark brown stallion through the lobby of the upscale Toronto hotel.

The Royal York had turned them away earlier in the day, citing safety concerns.

But after the Calgary Grey Cup Committee trotted Marty to other establishments downtown, the Royal York had a change of heart and allowed the horse inside.

Excited fans chanted "Go Stamps go!" as they surrounded Marty. CFL commissioner Marc Cohon also stopped by to see the stunt.

Stamps fans started the tradition in 1948 when they rode a horse through the Royal York lobby during Grey Cup festivities.

The Grey Cup game between the Calgary Stampeders and the Toronto Argonauts is Sunday at Rogers Centre.

Just part of what makes the CFL and the Grey Cup so great. The opposing city allows these kind of shenanigans as part of the celebration of OUR game.

*applause* to The Royal York :)

That's funny but I'm still cheering for the Argos on Sunday. :P

• Upvote 1

Interesting story lines this week, this one is close to home

http://profootballta...uccess-stories/

Plenty of BC/CGY matchups, then head to head for a Miami job, now MIA/SEA.

Out of work > CFL > Pro Bowl

#Wake #Browner

Saw that. Just shows how much scouting is a fluke and how politics of being a drafted player give you a longer look while undrafted guys have to work harder just to get a shot.

Often drafted players have to prove that they can't play to NFL teams before they give a real look to an undrafted guy.

I think it's good for the CFL to get exposure and to have as many guys as they can make NFL rosters. These two guys have gone above and beyond what anyone expected and have become pro bowlers which is amazing.

The CFL needs to bring back the option clause to attract more quality import talent up north. For every guy who sticks in the NFL they help bring other guys to Canada.

I can see a handful of guys making it in the NFL if they get a legit chance like Chris Willliams, Chevon Walker, Chris Matthews, Solomon Elimimian, Jovan Olafioye and even Chad Owens could be a great return man in the NFL.

Not sure I am rooting for either team. But if I would have to pick I think it would be Calgary. Mainly because our mayor made a bet with Toronto's mayor. I like our mayor, don't care for theirs :lol:

I also think Kevin Glenn is a really good story this year.

All and all I expect a really good game.

Not that I see as much as I like though since I host a Grey Cup party every year :)