The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

What a huge letdown.. expected much better. With the likelihood of the NHL season being lost entirely, there isn't really anything else going on sporting-wise in Vancouver for quite some time.

After coming back from visiting Australia, the wind and rain in Vancouver is depressing haha.

Do only two Grey Cups excuse all this? 03 playoffs, 2004 GC, 2005 WF, 2007 WF, 2008 WF, 2009 EF, 2010 WSF, '12 WF. A LOT of missed chances under the Buono administration.

This team should have 5 Grey Cups, not 2.

Montreal only has two in that same time span, 3 if you go back another year, and they win the East more than we win the West.

Lowest attended west final in BC Place history. This team has other issues, that are not just on the field.

No it wasn't, they had over 2000 more this year than last year. Attendance is down this year all around the league. Moneys tight these days.

Lions also need to make the upper bowl more affordable. Charging the same price to sit in Level 2 and level 4 is just ridiculous. Upper bowl should be 1/2 or so of the lower bowl.

Edited by zero-ONE-three

Tough game for BC. The blown coverage in the secondary really cost them. Cauchy Muamba got exposed badly today.

The BC Lions unwillingness to invest in the safety position burned them today when normally they have enough veteran guys to make up for Muamba's mistakes.

I expected the offence to be rusty coming off a bye with Calgary having all the momentum coming in with 5 straight wins. We've seen this before where the bye really messes up a team in first place.

Lulay looked confused for most of the game. Calgary did a good job disguising their coverage and forcing Lulay to check it down all day.

Calgary was just playing with more intensity and you could tell they wanted it more and they had something to prove.

To be honest I had a feeling the Lions would struggle offensively but I just thought their defence, which has been rock solid all season, would once again bail them out enough to scrape out a win.

The injuries to Lulay,Simon, and Bruce really messed up the rhythm with the offence. The BC Lions hadn't been a big play offence all year.

They were used to playing with a lead and having their defence keep the game in their favor. Using a dink and dunk ball control offence all season. Plus they struggled to score touchdowns in the redzone also. Which came back also to bite them in the ass.

Bottom line in the biggest game of the year the usually reliable defence made the most crucial mistakes and played their worst game all season and that's the main reason the Lions lost.

• Upvote 1

Tough game for BC. The blown coverage in the secondary really cost them. Cauchy Muamba got exposed badly today.

(cut for brevity)

Bottom line in the biggest game of the year the usually reliable defence made the most crucial mistakes and played their worst game all season and that's the main reason the Lions lost.

Beauty summary. Couldn't have said it better myself.

You can't give up three big plays and expect to win without having a few big plays yourself.

A few things from the game:

The idiot who threw the flare on the field... **** You!

Cant believe they gave the "craziest fan at the game" thing to a fan wearing a Lions Dave Dickinson jersey. Total blasphemy.

Tim Brown needs to go! Looked very weak on returns, could have used a huge return on Sunday.

Lulay should have been pulled for Reilly. He just didn't have it on Sunday. When he wasn't tossing 5 yard passes, he was throwing into double coverage or nobody. Gotta wonder if his shoulder is still screwed, definitely didn't have the snap in his passes.

Lots of missed calls against Calgary and some very bull**** pass interference calls and non pass interference calls.

Secondary looked weak, very weak.

Still haven't seen a decent angle on Calgary's 3rd down TD, but I still don't buy it. No way it was reviewed before the convert being kicked.

I don't usually get angry at the games, but that one made me really pissed off. The fact the Lions only lost by 5 totally shows that they threw the game away.

Edited by zero-ONE-three