The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Wow, listening to what Khalif's saying...he actually wants out of TO to come to the West...says he plans on making life hell for the Lions. Sounds like a real winner...very bitter, cocky, full of himself and absolutely not a team player by all accounts.

As someone tweeted "good riddance".

What a loser. Look for him to try and injure a few of the Lions players when we play the Argos.

They're discussing it right now on The Team: his actual words were "I told Wally to his face that if he trades me he'd better get a new offensive line because I'm gonna kill the Lions". He's acting like it's a crime to trade him. He also suggests that it was a shady under the table type deal because Wally never returned his call for two days.

He's a piece of work.

• Upvote 1

They're discussing it right now on The Team: his actual words were "I told Wally to his face that if he trades me he'd better get a new offensive line because I'm gonna kill the Lions". He's acting like it's a crime to trade him. He also suggests that it was a shady under the table type deal because Wally never returned his call for two days.

He's a piece of work.

The guy won a freaking cup here and now he's treating his team like this. What an a-hole.

• Upvote 1

Khalif Mitchell is not happy with his recent trade from the BC Lions.

According to a report in the Vancouver Province, the All-Star defensive tackle – now property of the Toronto Argonauts – had some choice words for Lions GM Wally Buono.

The 27-year-old said Buono failed to return his calls leading up to the trade and that he once told Buono if he was ever traded, the Lions would have to get a new offensive line to contain him as an opponent.

According to the report, Mitchell would prefer to play for the Calgary Stampeders, and while he said he doesn't want to burn a bridge in Toronto, he is looking to get released by the team.

Mitchell was named a CFL All-Star in 2011 before re-signing with the Lions amid NFL interest. Last year the East Carolina product had 15 tackles and two sacks.

The Argonauts visit the Lions in Week 2.

World class A-hole

Khalif Mitchell is not happy with his recent trade from the BC Lions.

According to a report in the Vancouver Province, the All-Star defensive tackle – now property of the Toronto Argonauts – had some choice words for Lions GM Wally Buono.

The 27-year-old said Buono failed to return his calls leading up to the trade and that he once told Buono if he was ever traded, the Lions would have to get a new offensive line to contain him as an opponent.

According to the report, Mitchell would prefer to play for the Calgary Stampeders, and while he said he doesn't want to burn a bridge in Toronto, he is looking to get released by the team.

Mitchell was named a CFL All-Star in 2011 before re-signing with the Lions amid NFL interest. Last year the East Carolina product had 15 tackles and two sacks.

The Argonauts visit the Lions in Week 2.

World class A-hole

I really hope Toronto does release him and out of respect, no other team in the CFL signs him. The guy is a major loser and douche bag. It's no wonder his former team mates are happy he's gone. I can only imagine what kind of cancer he was in the locker room. I say GOOD RIDDANCE!

If he does play in Vancouver for week 2 I can guarantee I will be booing the loser every chance I get!

Edited by zero-ONE-three
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

What do you expect Mitchell is mentally unstable he clearly has aggression issues. Who would pass up the NFL to stay in the CFL when you have a good deal offered to you like his?

Even his agents got tired of him and didn't want to represent him.

Edited by Chip Kelly

I really hope Toronto does release him and out of respect, no other team in the CFL signs him. The guy is a major loser and douche bag. It's no wonder his former team mates are happy he's gone. I can only imagine what kind of cancer he was in the locker room. I say GOOD RIDDANCE!

If he does play in Vancouver for week 2 I can guarantee I will be booing the loser every chance I get!

Now this....

Thought he refused to go to Toronto.

@truthwillfree96 Home Sweet Home...#Toronto I Might can get Use to this. I packed my Shorts. God Bless the pilot 4 the Great Landing. #NewBeginings. #ByeOLD

I'm looking at the Lions 2013 schedule at the CFL website:

http://www.cfl.ca/schedule/year/2013/1

and it shows 2 exhibition games and *19* regular season games.

Is this a mistake or did the CFL increase the season from 18 games to 19 games?

Oops. Never mind. I just noticed that Week 7 (which is their bye week) is missing so there are only 18 games spread over 19 weeks.

According to TSN.ca, the new Ottawa CFL will reveal their name and logo on June 8. The choices of potential names are: the Nationals, Redblacks, Rush, Voyageurs and Raftsmen.

I was hoping for RiverMen since the Ottawa river was a major factor in the early years of the founding of Canada.