The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Retarded trade. Should of just let him stay here and retire. Still more or less our best and most reliable reciever. Mostly sucks because he was such a fan favourite.

I totally know what you're saying, but let's put it into hockey terms.

Geroy wanted to be a top 6 forward, Wally wanted him in our bottom 6. His play IMO suggests the latter.

For Geroy to stay and retire Trevor Linden style, he would've had to accept a lesser role like Trevor did.

Edited by BurnabyJoe

• 2 weeks later...

Geroy Simon Autograph Event at Pastime

See the best receiver in CFL history and show your colors with Pride!

Time: Saturday, February 23 1-3pm

One FREE autograph per person.

Each additional autograph will be $10.00 each.

We will be selling Geroy Simon 81 Superman T-shirts for only $20, It will be autographed for free (doesn't count as your one free item) and 100% of the proceeds will go to a local charity.

We will have Lions and Riders photos and jerseys on hand for purchase if you do not have an item of your own.

Edited by zero-ONE-three

• 3 weeks later...

On Monday I was passing through the lobby of the hotel where I work and noticed a big guy looking at his phone. The guy looked very familiar.

Looking again, I realized that I was looking at Angus Reid. Moving further into the lobby I see Rolly Lumbala and JR LaRose sitting in chairs. Apparently, the boys were in town to visit some of the local schools (My daughter later came home with a pic of her and Lumbala)

Looking forward to the start of the season!

On Monday I was passing through the lobby of the hotel where I work and noticed a big guy looking at his phone. The guy looked very familiar.

Looking again, I realized that I was looking at Angus Reid. Moving further into the lobby I see Rolly Lumbala and JR LaRose sitting in chairs. Apparently, the boys were in town to visit some of the local schools (My daughter later came home with a pic of her and Lumbala)

Looking forward to the start of the season!

Very cool! I saw him tweeting pictures of Rupert and the salmon packing plant. Angus is a good guy.

Done deal: Lions get ’14 Grey Cup

March 7, 2013. 11:28 am • Section: The Fifth Quarter

anguscup.jpeg?w=280&h=180

A bit of work a few months back has morphed into the signature game of the 2014 CFL season coming to B.C. Place Stadium again. All the B.C. Lions hope is for a repeat scenario of the last time they played host to the Grey Cup.

Lions president Dennis Skulsky told Business in Vancouver today that a news conference likely announcing details will take place Friday. It’ll be the second time in four seasons that the game will be held in Vancouver. The last game, in 2011, ended with the Lions holding the Grey Cup for the sixth time in franchise history.

B.C. officials got wind of the fact the game could come available several months ago and approached the provincial government for funding in order to stage the event.

The government pledged $2.7 million in its most recent budget to help cover costs, having put up $2.01 million to stage the 2011 game. Club president Dennis Skulsky told The Province last month that the local economy more than benefitted by the funds, with some $118 million coming back from out-of-town visitors.

The game was originally ticketed to be played in Winnipeg, which is opening Investors Group Field this summer. Winnipeg officials denied that finances played a factor in deferring the game, suggesting the club wanted to get through a first season of operation.

That played into the hands of the Lions, who have some quick planning to do as a result.

Edited by zero-ONE-three

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, listening to what Khalif's saying...he actually wants out of TO to come to the West...says he plans on making life hell for the Lions. Sounds like a real winner...very bitter, cocky, full of himself and absolutely not a team player by all accounts.

As someone tweeted "good riddance".