The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

I knew TO would take Calgary. The Stamps got two gimme TD's from blown safety coverage last week, Lulay was rusty as hell, HUGE advantage in penalties...and yet, it was still a close game.

Had BC been even average, they wouldn't have lost. Toronto was above average, and absolutely steamrolled them. BC-TO would have been a much better game.

Kevin Glenn couldn't get much done nor Cornish. It was obvious Argos were going to key Cornish. Glenns passes were most of the time too long or too short. Argos could of had many more interceptions. Bad passes into double coverage situations. Props to Argos defense they held it down. That penalty on the stampa was the turning point of the game where it cost them a touch down as it was their only chance of gaining some momentum.

It was a treat to see Gordon Lightfoot again, but that gay kid that followed him may have been the worst thing in my life that I have ever seen or heard.

Just dreadful. Turn down the sound and turn away bad.

Poor kids if this is what they are being exposed to today.

Kind of insulting that a legend like Mr Lightfoot opens the show for this garbage to follow. Should have had the real talent headline, didn't hear anyone singing along with the 3 teenie bopper acts.

Kind of insulting that a legend like Mr Lightfoot opens the show for this garbage to follow. Should have had the real talent headline, didn't hear anyone singing along with the 3 teenie bopper acts.

I'll be honest, I shed a single manly tear when I saw it. Took the wind right out of the sails of what should have been a memorable moment of Canadiana.

How could they blow it in such a devastating way?

agreed, a legend like Gordon Lightfoot had to open for that sad excuse of "music." He should have been the half time show.

Edited by Jaku

• 2 weeks later...

It's unusual to see a player this great so committal to a CFL franchise, but I guess given his size he figured the NFL was a waste of time. Maybe speaks to how well the organization is run top to bottom as well.

It was one season, but I think he's the best middle linebacker in the league by far. NFL speed and hands.

Another shot from Winnipeg

crop_19210290122.jpg

Edited by BurnabyJoe

Former BC Lions head coach Eagle Keys has passed away:

The BC Lions Football Club is mourning the loss of former head coach and Canadian Football Hall of Fame inductee Eagle Keys.

Coming to the Lions in 1971, Keys coached the club to a 25-42-3 mark through four full seasons and six games into the 1975 campaign.

Perhaps best known for his on-field exploits as a member of the Montreal Alouettes (1949-‘51) and Edmonton Eskimos (1952-’54), Keys played for two Grey Cup-winning teams and was a member of three CFL All-Star squads.

The late Keys also made his mark from the sidelines, guiding the Saskatchewan Roughriders to a Grey Cup in 1966.

http://teamradio.ca/news/bc-lions-mourn-passing-of-former-head-coach-eagle-keys/

• 2 weeks later...

CFLDaily ‏@CFLDaily

#BCLions LB Solomon Elimimian is going back to the #NFL signing with the Cleveland Browns. #CFL

We'll be fine without him. Best of luck to Solo!

I think that was expected. Also heard today that Mike Reilly has a tryout with the Jaguars. I sure would like to NOT have to play against him in the coming years. Hope he does well!!