The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

This is still on!! And how exactly does WWE qualify as a sport?

Dating shows are more of a sport than WWE.

Sorry for being an a-hole, but this blows my mind.

It is like fishing in the sense that the better you are at fishing the more fish you catch. The better you are at wrestling and promos the more the fans like you, typically. Acting also plays a huge role in pro wrestling. You have to sell the moves you do and work well with your other fellow wrestler(s) because if you don't it usually isn't a pretty sight (Botch). There is also an inner competition among wrestlers, who can be the biggest draw? who can put up the best matches? Who's going to be in the Main Event?

It's no where near comparable to sports like MMA, NHL or NFL but you can find sport in it.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_76468.shtml#.Uwatk_ldW7x

WWE's Fourth Quarter 2013 PPV business was a mixed bag. Hell in a Cell, which featured Shawn Michaels refereeing Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton, drew a strong number of 228,000 buys.

However, Battleground three weeks earlier drew one of the worst buy totals in company history - 114,000 buys.

In December, TLC increased slightly to 181,000 buys after Survivor Series only drew 177,000 buys in November. Survivor Series was down over 100,000 buys (37 percent) from two years ago for The Rock's in-ring return.

- Financially, PPV Revenue increased $15.7 million from $13.0 million in Q4-2012 due to four PPVs (Battleground) compared to three PPVs last year.

The PPV segment was also more profitable at $9.4 million compared to $7.7 million last year.

Hell in a Cell Four-Year Chart

2013 - 228,000 buys

2012 - 199,000 buys

2011 - 182,000 buys

2010 - 210,000 buys

Survivor Series Four-Year Chart

2013 - 177,000 buys

2012 - 208,000 buys

2011 - 281,000 buys (Rock's in-ring return)

2010 - 244,000 buys

TLC PPV Four-Year Chart

2013 - 181,000 buys

2012 - 175,000 buys

2011 - 179,000 buys

2010 - 195,000 buys

Funny, the one with Daniel Bryan in the mainevent drew the most.

Even more than the Cena/Orton match which was supposedly one of the biggest matches of all time. And it blew away the other PPV Cena mainevented.

A midcard Daniel Bryan is there biggest draw, what a shocker. This further proves the point I made earlier in here about there being no reason for Bryan not to be in Cena's spot.

It's called watching a TV Show. It's entertaining and its a sport. Sure the matches themselves are fixed but those aren't the results that matter. Theres a reason why we will say "that's the best wrestler in the world" about a guy. Thats where the competition is, its the reactions of the fans to a wrestler. Right now Daniel Bryan is winning the competition. Even as the company craps on him, hes on top. As for steroids, the WWE actually has a rigorous drug testing policy.

Why wouldn't it be on TV? Just because it's fake? You know Bryan Cranston doesn't actually make meth right?

Never said it shouldn't be on TV because it's fake. I was surprised it is still on considering the competition. I was saying it isn't a sport because of the acting.

And no, I don't know that Bryan Cranston doesn't actually make meth. He could be for all we know; I don't know what he does in his spare time and neither do you. I do get your point about Breaking Bad being a scripted show.

No one is calling it a sport, you just assumed thought because it was in the "Other sports" section of this forum.

And again with comments like that shows your ignorance. You don't know what it is and how it is today. You are trying to put it down and bash it. Just know, it is fake and scripted yet you still will never be able to do it...so what does that say?

Just like any movie or tv you enjoy and find entertaining, pro wrestling is the exact same thing.

That's exactly what I assumed. Although, some people still call it a sport. Not saying people wouldn't find it entertaining; I was just surprised considering my personal experience with people who stopped watching years ago, and I don't know anyone personally that watches.

I don't think you should just throw out the word ignorance especially since what I said in the beginning, which is that it's not a sport and that they are not athletes, is something you agree with. There are a lot of people in the world that can do things I can't, but that alone does not make something like baking, or ventriloquism into a sport.

They may be able to do something which I can't (although, I never did see what my body would be like on steroids, and did not practice what they do), there a a ton of things that I can do because of my time in the military that they can't. And frankly, I don't want to do what they do because of the damage to your brain. I'd rather live a long and healthy life, but to each his own.

Did someone just try to degrade this "sport" cause the performers are on steroids, that's every sport.

Nope. Said it wasn't a sport because it 's not a sport. Steroids are just something that I used to differentiate it from other performances like cirque du soleil, and to diminish the perceived difficulty of a part of what they do in terms of looking massive.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_76468.shtml#.Uwatk_ldW7x

Funny, the one with Daniel Bryan in the mainevent drew the most.

Even more than the Cena/Orton match which was supposedly one of the biggest matches of all time. And it blew away the other PPV Cena mainevented.

A midcard Daniel Bryan is there biggest draw, what a shocker. This further proves the point I made earlier in here about there being no reason for Bryan not to be in Cena's spot.

Because Shawn Michaels and Cena's return had nothing to do with the high draw.

Edited by shiznak

Because Shawn Michaels and Cena's return had nothing to do with the high draw.

Micheals, maybe.

Cena, I highly doubt it since this PPV got more buys than the one where he mainevented in the biggest championship match ever, or so they proclaimed.

I think it was that Bryan was in the mainevent, and in the build, Micheals talked about how they were going to get a clean finish, so they were excited for Bryans chances & didn't want to miss Bryan possibly winning.

Either way, Bryans mainevent > Cena's.

WWE confirmed today that Hulk Hogan has returned to the company. Hogan's return had been rumored for quite awhile, with many reports that he would be a part of WrestleMania 30. Today, WWE made it official and also announced that Hogan's exact role will be as the host of WrestleMania 30 on April 6th.

Hogan was of course the WWE's premiere star in the 1980s and there for the first WrestleMania, not to mention many to follow. This will mark his first WWE appearance since December 2007, when he took part in the 15th anniversary of Monday Night Raw.

HULK_00001996_0003-300x446.jpg

Time for some rock 'n' wrestling!

Hogan's "host" role is similar to the one Dwayne Johnson, AKA The Rock, took in 2011 at WrestleMania XXVII - though Rock would then go on to return in a wrestling capacity for the next two WrestleManias.

Hogan will make his WWE return on this coming Monday's WWE RAW, and also appear on WWE Raw Backstage Pass, which will air live on the brand-new WWE Network on Monday night at 11:05 pm ET immediately following RAW.

Said WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, in a statement, “We are thrilled that Hulk Hogan has returned home to WWE. It’s fitting to have him help us celebrate 30 years of WrestleMania and usher in a new era with the launch of WWE Network.”

“Words cannot express how excited I am to be back in the WWE family,” said Hulk Hogan in WWE's press release. “I only have one question for the WWE Universe: whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild as the host of WrestleMania 30?”

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/02/21/wwe-officially-announces-hulk-hogans-return

Sting can bearly bend his knees like khali

I'm not saying I want him to face Taker at WM. It would just be cool to see him show up at Raw tomorrow night