The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

47 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

With the recent Goldberg talk and Lesner talk, I wonder if Goldberg will show up tonight. Would be perfect especially if Lesner wins, and then Goldberg challenges Lesner after.....

I predict Orton wins because of the return of *spoiler* don't want to jinx it

Edited by Nicklas Bo Hunter

NXT Takeover was an awesome show, nice to see my favorite TNA guys back in the spotlight, the Aries/Roode/Joe matches were awesome.

Roode is just something else, I don't know how a debut with a character like that could go any better, he could step on to RAW and he top a maineventer right now.

I like that they are kind of slowly building him, thats what they have to do, he could be a the top star in the company, or the 2nd or 3rd top star if they want him to be. W/hat a talent. As a longtime fan of him through his TNA days it was awesome to see him back in his groove again. Definitely gives me reason to pay attention to whatever show hes on.

Same goes for Aries, and Joe, loved watching their matches. Hopefully they both go to Smackdown. Should send them all to Smackdown and form a new era Smackdown 6 with AJ, Joe, Aries, Ziggler, Roode & Ambrose.

2 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I predict Orton wins because of the return of *spoiler* don't want to jinx it

PM me with spoiler interested to know spoiler. Heard rumors of Undertaker return maybe, but think his beef is more with Lesner, and of course Goldberg showing up but his beef is with Lesner and Seth Rollins as well now, sounds like Goldberg wants Seth first then wants Lesner. I don't see Lesner losing to Orton tbh, especially when Undertaker was made to lose, I don't see Lesner allowing him to lose to Orton. Lesner would only allow him losing to a superstar as big and powerful as himself, not someone smaller imo.

10 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

With the recent Goldberg talk and Lesner talk, I wonder if Goldberg will show up tonight. Would be perfect especially if Lesner wins, and then Goldberg challenges Lesner after.....

Read somewhere that Goldberg recently had both his knees reconstructed.  Doubt we will see him anytime soon.  If at all.

The same people watch every ppv and complain and complain.  And still gonna continue to watch every show and ppv....

Now people are complaining that the ending was too bloody and scary for them, when pretty much every single person wants the Attitude Era back...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Incursio said:

SS was too long. I was burnt out after the AJ/Cena match

had a buddy over to watch it and we felt the same. after styles/cena the fatigue really started setting in and we just couldn't get into the show anymore at that point. you could tell the crowd was totally burned out

19 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

had a buddy over to watch it and we felt the same. after styles/cena the fatigue really started setting in and we just couldn't get into the show anymore at that point. you could tell the crowd was totally burned out

That's pretty much exactly how it went for me and my friend. After AJ won our interest dropped right off. 

Another 3 hours of Raw tomorrow followed by SD Tuesday and then NXT and CWC Wednesday is insane. It's an overload of content. 

1 minute ago, Incursio said:

That's pretty much exactly how it went for me and my friend. After AJ won our interest dropped right off. 

Another 3 hours of Raw tomorrow followed by SD Tuesday and then NXT and CWC Wednesday is insane. It's an overload of content. 

Well for raw I'm fast forwarding 80% of the show and I'm more watching smackdown because it's the more watchable show, but I PVR everything and spread the content out throughout the week so it doesn't feel like a chore

7 hours ago, JV77 said:

The same people watch every ppv and complain and complain.  And still gonna continue to watch every show and ppv....

Now people are complaining that the ending was too bloody and scary for them, when pretty much every single person wants the Attitude Era back...

Not everyone wants the attitude era back, and very few of those guys would be the same ones complaining about how scary that ending was.

Not everyone that complains also watches every PPV and show. And not everyone who does complains about every one of those. Just the ones that are bad. Or the parts of them that are bad. And they praise the parts of them that are good. To say so would be to ignore all the times that people talk positively about wrestling in this thread. Like just last night people were praising what Takeover did, largely. As did the first Raw after Battleground 4 weeks ago. A good show is a good show.

This, this was not very good. Had a better build then Wrestlemania to be sure. And it blew that one out of the water, for however meaningless of a benchmark that show was. The booking for the results was largely legitimately pretty good. But the in ring content was just very underwhelming tonight for whatever reason. Things weren't clicking the way they should have been.

The Ambrose/Ziggler match had a great build, but might have been the clunkiest of the night. The women's match was full of mistakes, and was the worst of any previous Sasha/Charlotte encounters (both of them can do so much better). The tag match match and its non-finish would have been the worst thing of the night any other night, but it has stronger competition in a US title match that never even happened.

The AJ/Cena match was easily the best of the night, and having AJ actually win the feud cleanly was a great decision. Cut the shenanigans out, and had him simply pin him in the ring, after he bested him. That's the direction to take AJ, with hopefully a title feud against Ambrose coming up. Was far from a perfect match, but it's about what you're going to get with a Cena match.

It's disingenuous to say people are being negative for no reason, or at least make up the reasons and circumstances. The WWE breeds extra negativity for whatever reason it does. That's on them far more than the people that watch it.

Also, I liked that ending for what it was. They needed something new and fresh to keep Lesnar going, and this could be that something. It was for me. Don't care that they built up Orton, and just squashed him for that. Made Lesnar look stronger for it. And it left me wondering where it was legitimate, and how much of that was planned.

I thought Summerslam was good but I would agree the 4 hrs wasn't needed.  The Jericho KO, Women's title match, and the Rollins Balor match were great.

Balor's entrance is right up there with the best ever.  I was so pumped just to see his entrance.