The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

4 hours ago, Incursio said:

What do you guys think of the new Raw and SD logos? 

Raw-and-Smackdown-1.png

The Raw one looks horrendous. Not hyperbole, I have no idea what they intended to accomplish with that font. Like TS said, looks like they're advertising for Dodge.

Smackdown one looks fine, I guess. Looks a little too similar to TNA's IMPACT wrestling logo, but it's a weird look to imitate, as it isn't a particularly good one to begin with..

rNgu7JS.jpg

So happy I got tickets to Wise Pro Wrestling's show tomorrow. Sold out online, so I had to venture out to buy the tickets in person a couple of days ago. The card is ridiculously stacked. It's nearly the very best that Vancouver has to offer when it comes to wrestling. A supershow of sorts combining ASW and ECCW's best roster members, with a lot of special guests, like freaking Dalton Castle.

otTukkv.jpg

Freaking Dalton Castle, lol. Can't wait. Hope I can meet some of these guys. Mainly Dalton Castle.

It's too bad Jinder Mahal won't be coming back to Vancouver for such events any more, with the rumours of him having signed back on with the WWE. Good for him, though. 

20 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

So happy I got tickets to Wise Pro Wrestling's show tomorrow. Sold out online, so I had to venture out to buy the tickets in person a couple of days ago. The card is ridiculously stacked. It's nearly the very best that Vancouver has to offer when it comes to wrestling. A supershow of sorts combining ASW and ECCW's best roster members, with a lot of special guests, like freaking Dalton Castle.

otTukkv.jpg

Freaking Dalton Castle, lol. Can't wait. Hope I can meet some of these guys. Mainly Dalton Castle.

It's too bad Jinder Mahal won't be coming back to Vancouver for such events any more, with the rumours of him having signed back on with the WWE. Good for him, though. 

Awesome card!  Interesting to see the cross promotion of sorts. Lush and Top P were outside The Commodore before Ballroom Brawl talking with fans in the line and plastering flyers to posts in the area. When asked if they were going inside both said no.  Tom P has been filming ECCW for ages.  Weird not seeing him at a Ballroom Brawl.  Considering Lush is the ASW champ, that could be why he didn't go in.

Fun Fact.  Billy Suede is actually a bartender at The Commodore

It's hard to overstate how great that WPW show was. Holy $&!#. It was so, so, so good.

Like I said before, it's essentially the very best that indie wrestling in Vancouver has to show, and man, did they put on a show.

Combine that with just how hyped the crowd was for everything, with how intimate and cool the venue is, it just set everything up so well.

If you don't care for wrestling, at the very least all of that would have got you to appreciate it a bit more, and if you are a fan of wrestling, you missed out on what would have been an amazing experience.

Nothing on the card disappointed, and there were so many different styles of wrestling at play that you could have found something whatever your taste.

Davey Boy Smith and Nick Rodgers had the traditional strong man match. Lots of old school stuff. No idea why Davey isn't signed to WWE, he's a total Vince wrestler.

Kobra Kai and El Phantasmo had arguably the match of the night, flipping every which way and left. So many jump out of your seat spots during it.

And then there was Dalton Castle vs Kenny Lush, which the crowd tore the roof for. Just such a good match, with the perfect atmosphere. Incredibly strong technique and feats of strength. It was a real personality based match.

Man, it was just a perfect night of wrestling.

I met Dalton Castle, bought a signed pic and all that. Took a picture with him as well, but I won't share that, as I have the most unflatteringly goofy grin on my face after watching his match, and then getting a chance to meet him.

Was about as cool as meeting/speaking to AJ Styles earlier in the year. But this time I didn't have to do it through a security fence, because WWE.

On 22/07/2016 at 8:23 PM, g_bassi13 said:

The Raw one looks horrendous. Not hyperbole, I have no idea what they intended to accomplish with that font. Like TS said, looks like they're advertising for Dodge.

Smackdown one looks fine, I guess. Looks a little too similar to TNA's IMPACT wrestling logo, but it's a weird look to imitate, as it isn't a particularly good one to begin with..

rNgu7JS.jpg

I was thinking the SD logo was more of a modernized Saturday nights main event logo

...If anybody wants to see a taste of the Rey Mysterio Jr. that captivated in WCW/ECW - Watch Prince Puma VS Rey Mysterio! 

Rey looks like he's down AT LEAST 30-40 pounds - This Rey would put on some AMAZING matches in WWE with damn near anybody on the roster. 

11 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

It's hard to overstate how great that WPW show was. Holy $&!#. It was so, so, so good.

Like I said before, it's essentially the very best that indie wrestling in Vancouver has to show, and man, did they put on a show.

Combine that with just how hyped the crowd was for everything, with how intimate and cool the venue is, it just set everything up so well.

If you don't care for wrestling, at the very least all of that would have got you to appreciate it a bit more, and if you are a fan of wrestling, you missed out on what would have been an amazing experience.

Nothing on the card disappointed, and there were so many different styles of wrestling at play that you could have found something whatever your taste.

Davey Boy Smith and Nick Rodgers had the traditional strong man match. Lots of old school stuff. No idea why Davey isn't signed to WWE, he's a total Vince wrestler.

Kobra Kai and El Phantasmo had arguably the match of the night, flipping every which way and left. So many jump out of your seat spots during it.

And then there was Dalton Castle vs Kenny Lush, which the crowd tore the roof for. Just such a good match, with the perfect atmosphere. Incredibly strong technique and feats of strength. It was a real personality based match.

Man, it was just a perfect night of wrestling.

If El Phantasmo is on the card, it's usually match of the night.  He is just that great of a wrestler.  As for Smith, I have to wonder if he really want's to go back to WWE.  Sure the money would likely be better, be he seems to thoroughly enjoy wrestling on the Indie circuit and in Japan.

On July 23, 2016 at 5:47 AM, g_bassi13 said:

otTukkv.jpg

I know quite a few of the guys/girls on this card... All nice people. I still don't get the hype wrestling has with anyone outside the 10-14 year old demographic.

Hmm.....I wonder what they're going to do with Ambrose now? I mean, he's still the champion, but who is he going to face at SS? Cena vs. Styles II is most likely going to happen at SS. Orton is facing off with Brock. They could do a Shield Triple Threat Part II, but I figure RAW would want to crowd their own champion and Reigns vs. Rollins is the most likely candidate for that. So, that really leaves Bray Wyatt and Alberto Del Rio....yup Smackdown is really lacking top main event talents.

It wasn't that bad of a PPV. I enjoyed most of it to be honest.

- Baley got a huge pop. Wonder if it was a one time deal for now or will she be on Raw?

- Wyatts actually won a pretty big match for once.

- Goddamn Lana looked good last night. Rusev is one lucky bastard.

- Owens vs Zayn was fantastic. What a match.

- Enzo is fire on the mic. Never make eye contact while eating a banana lol. I think they'll beat New Day for the titles at SummerSlam.

- Legit surprised Ambrose kept the title. It was a fun match. I'd say he feuds with Wyatt? AJ/Cena have their 3rd match, Orton vs Lesnar. No one really left for him to face at SummerSlam. Maybe Del Rio but I hear he may be leaving soon. Reigns vs Rollins at SummerSlam for the returning World Title ?

Edited by Madness

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well that's the start of my WWF vs WCW proposal. Raw started out and reminded me what WCW used to look like...... 

Uhhh, You might want to clarify WHICH wCw you're referring to, that can be taken two very different ways, lol.

Fantastic RAW from Top to Bottom - Top that, Smackdown.