Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.


marleau_12
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 20/08/2018 at 2:04 AM, fivethej said:

Becky didn't turn heel. Sasha/Bayley is happening on SDL.

 

Wasn't last time Vancouver had WWE Televised Rock Bottom PPV in 1998 at GM Place.

 

4902779597819694245.jpg

Man... I'd give anything to have experienced this event live. We had actually just immigrated to Canada days before this... Woulda had no clue what was going on lol 

 

On 20/08/2018 at 11:44 AM, fivethej said:

Raw August 4, 2003 at Pacific Coliseum

 

https://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/raw/030804.html

 

 

Even this one... Seems like a really entertaining show... Would give top dollar to witness any of these lives. 

 

Sadly those days are over =(

 

wwe is still great and I'll attend any live show but doubt it'll get any better than those 2 events... All the legends at these shows, unbelievable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Man... I'd give anything to have experienced this event live. We had actually just immigrated to Canada days before this... Woulda had no clue what was going on lol 

 

Even this one... Seems like a really entertaining show... Would give top dollar to witness any of these lives. 

 

Sadly those days are over =(

 

wwe is still great and I'll attend any live show but doubt it'll get any better than those 2 events... All the legends at these shows, unbelievable. 

Yep, the day WWE bought WCW wrestling died.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been watching lots of WWE youtube throwbacks since I cancelled my WWE network subscription... man... so many amazing clips from 1998 to 2007... WWE was absolutely something else before the Benoit incident. I think Chris was one of the best wrestlers ever... it's a shame he had brain damage. Biopsy showed that he had the brain of an 84 year old alzheimers patient :(

 

IMO what diminished quality of WWE's product was the flip to PG rating. Only a year after the Benoit incident... once the company got backlash from public for all the steroid use and overly violent working environment.

 

Don't get me wrong, they still do produce decent product. If you skip through a Raw episode in 30-45 minutes and a SD episode in 30 minutes, you still get pretty good entertainment.

 

I think if it was up to Vince himself, it would have never turned PG.

 

Here's a good one... I watched like 20 other Eddie clips after. Viva La Raza.

 

Edited by apollo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Went and saw Mick Foley at Laff Lines last Thursday night in New West. Talked about the Cell match and a fw other things.  I could listen to Mick tell stories for hours. He then did a Q&A before ending the show.  Gurv Sihra (Sunil Singh in WWE) was in attendance as well as a few of the ECCW guys.  Mick brought Gurv up on stage during the Q&A.

 

Awesome show. Really hope he doesn't take another 4 years to come back.

 

https://twitter.com/SinghBrosWWE/status/1035412254101975040

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mick is an awesome human being. I met him after his show in medicine hat years ago. I was not able to attend his show as I was at a wedding next door. I snuck in after and talked to him for a while. He was showing me pics of him dressed up as Santa on his phone and some celebrities hes met and stuff like that. Very humble human being. He signed the guest list of the wedding and came over and crashed the wedding a bit (that part took convincing his manager a bit). Top notch person though. 

Screenshot_20180908-011717_Photo Editor.jpg

20180908_011529.jpg

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2018 at 9:09 PM, Grapefruits said:

Went and saw Mick Foley at Laff Lines last Thursday night in New West. Talked about the Cell match and a fw other things.  I could listen to Mick tell stories for hours. He then did a Q&A before ending the show.  Gurv Sihra (Sunil Singh in WWE) was in attendance as well as a few of the ECCW guys.  Mick brought Gurv up on stage during the Q&A.

 

Awesome show. Really hope he doesn't take another 4 years to come back.

 

https://twitter.com/SinghBrosWWE/status/1035412254101975040

im so down i missed that lafflines show since i live down the ****ing street from the place but i have tix for the halloween hell show, but mick's like kevin nash that they're such great story tellers of the business, and they're not people who you can take with a grain of salt. mick's lived it all, and kevin was so tight with shawn and hunter that no matter what happened in wwe, kevin gives a wcw narrative of what they were seeing during the monday night wars. its just so fascinating. i could listen to mick foley and kevin nash all day, mostly kevin cause he openly admits that he and wcw guys were always watching wwf at the time

 

im also watching the mae young classic and toni storm has to win this thing. she's money written on her, whether they have her on total divas or winning a title, or to replace what paige should have been, she has "it" i know io shirai pretty well but this is is gonna be 2 women beating the hell out out each other but they wont have two japanese talent going over, back to back. they could build a rivalry between kairi and io, who are besties if they want a classic take over match before kairi gets called up, cause that end game is kairi vs asuka

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see Kairi vs. Asuka ever happening under Vince. I don't think they can build up a proper feud with the North American audience  with their limited vocabulary. Maybe if they have a special PPV in Japan or something, but I don't recall ever seeing a feud between two Japanese wrestlers ever happening in the WWE (although I could be wrong).

 

I'm still sad that we never got to see Itami vs. Nakamura in NXT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 6:54 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

im so down i missed that lafflines show since i live down the ****ing street from the place but i have tix for the halloween hell show, but mick's like kevin nash that they're such great story tellers of the business, and they're not people who you can take with a grain of salt. mick's lived it all, and kevin was so tight with shawn and hunter that no matter what happened in wwe, kevin gives a wcw narrative of what they were seeing during the monday night wars. its just so fascinating. i could listen to mick foley and kevin nash all day, mostly kevin cause he openly admits that he and wcw guys were always watching wwf at the time

 

im also watching the mae young classic and toni storm has to win this thing. she's money written on her, whether they have her on total divas or winning a title, or to replace what paige should have been, she has "it" i know io shirai pretty well but this is is gonna be 2 women beating the hell out out each other but they wont have two japanese talent going over, back to back. they could build a rivalry between kairi and io, who are besties if they want a classic take over match before kairi gets called up, cause that end game is kairi vs asuka

 

 

I almost missed the Lafflines show myself.  Only heard about it a couple weeks before the show.  Was lucky enough to snag tickets.  If Nash ever does a similar show I'd definitely go. He just speaks his mind and doesn't seem to really care who he pisses off.

 

Looking forward to Halloween Hell. Never been to the Anvil Center.  ECCW's Ballroom Brawl 11 should also be interesting.  They are doing 2 nights for the event at The Commodore January 11th and 12th.  Not sure how it's going to work but El Phantasmo is guaranteed to be at the event.

 

42044472_10160766376785576_6692480695610

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

 

 

I almost missed the Lafflines show myself.  Only heard about it a couple weeks before the show.  Was lucky enough to snag tickets.  If Nash ever does a similar show I'd definitely go. He just speaks his mind and doesn't seem to really care who he pisses off.

 

Looking forward to Halloween Hell. Never been to the Anvil Center.  ECCW's Ballroom Brawl 11 should also be interesting.  They are doing 2 nights for the event at The Commodore January 11th and 12th.  Not sure how it's going to work but El Phantasmo is guaranteed to be at the event.

 

 

idk how the anvil would hold for a wrestling show but its a really nice building. the new west museum is pretty neat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2018 at 8:19 PM, apollo said:

Wait so what is this event? Just Ric talking for a few hours? 

 

Not many more entertaining than Ric... Might be worth going to. 

 

 

I would definitely think about going if I wasn't committed to going to ECCW. With Foley being here only a few weeks ago and now Flair doing a show, I hope this is a sign of things to come. There are many wrestlers I'd love to see tell their stories live.

 

 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Leati Joseph Anoaʻi, known around the world as WWE superstar Roman Reigns, revealed to the world on Monday night that his leukemia has returned and he’ll be stepping away from the ring for a period of time to be with his family as he undergoes treatment.

Anoaʻi began his promo on Raw by stating “my real name is Joe, and I’ve been living with Leukemia for 11-years and unfortunately it’s back.”

He tearfully told the crowd that he was going to be away from WWE for an unknown period of time, which meant he would be forced to relinquish the WWE Universal championship. He then shared the story of when he was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 22. Anoa’i said he was able to “very quickly” put it in remission.

Anoa’i carefully laid the belt in the ring and was embraced by Jonathan David Good (Dean Ambrose) and Colby Lopez (Seth Rollins).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...