The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

7-11 shoplift suspect stripped over Snickers

nux4lyfe

An employee at a 7-Eleven near Barclays Center in Brooklyn was fired and two others required to take a training course after they detained and stripped David Golson, 29, whom they suspected of stealing a Snickers bar.

According to The NY Daily News, a customer caught the clerks at a 7-Eleven, 395 Flatbush Avenue Extension, on video, around 11:15 p.m. on Wednesday night, apprehending the alleged shoplifter and dragging him back to the store. The employees, two uniformed and one plainclothes, then proceeded to strip the Bronx man down to his underwear. The video shows the clerks ripping off Golson's shirt and pulling down his jeans. The Huffington Post reports the store management frowned at the action and fired one of the employees after the video was posted to WorldStarHipHop.

snickers2.JPG

David Golson

Like this imageThe video records Golson crying for help and struggling to escape from his attackers. He also claims he was bitten by one of the employees. Golson says: “I got nothing man! Why you biting me?” But the employees manhandle him and pull his underwear tight against his crotch, drape his clothes around him and hold on to prevent his escape. Some passers-by are shocked while others are amused. One shopper cries, “This is ridiculous — for some Snickers. This N*gg** has no clothes on ... will somebody call the police.” The New York Post reports that Golson, incidentally, has a "long rap sheet." Police say he has an outstanding warrant from a previous arrest. The police charged him with robbery, assault, criminal mischief and criminal possession of stolen property. The employees were not charged with any crimes. According to the employees, Golson attacked them first and knocked over shelves. A witness said: “That’s why he was hemmed up. They grabbed him, and prevented him from leaving the store. That’s why he ended up with his clothes off. They kept getting torn off as they tried to hold him.” A spokesman for the store said that management is “horrified about the video... We do not condone restraining any customer.” The moral of this story? Well, MSN Now thinks it is, wear clean undies always.

Read more: http://www.digitaljo...8#ixzz29vKNV2E9

I actually caught a guy stealing a snickers bar in a store I once supervised. Just held my hand out at the exit door and asked for it back. I was prepared to let the guy leave with it but he gave it to me anyway.

Stealing food doesn't really anger me like stealing money. At least you know they are actually hungry when someone steals food.

He has been charged. The 29-year-old suspect, David Golson was arrested and charged with robbery, assault, criminal mischief and criminal possession of stolen property.

Police said Golson had an outstanding warrant for an earlier arrest and was arrested because he attacked the employees first, knocking over shelves before the video began.

http://gothamist.com...ifter_strip.php

Archived