The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

• 2 weeks later...

The East - 9/10 - I picked this randomly just based on the poster at the theatre, knew absolutely nothing about it. I don't watch TV in the off-season so have no idea if it's getting promoted or not, but here's a trailer:

Really, really solid movie - no one part really stood out and it probably won't win any awards, but it was just a great little suspense movie. Basically about an ex-FBI agent turned private security consultant who is hired to infiltrate an extremist anarchy/activism cell. Fast (but not too fast) paced,emotional without getting sappy, , some very original/creative scenes (the dinner scene when she first meets the group is particularly memorable to me). Solid acting all the way, especially Ellen Page who I've never really been wowed by, but here she does a perfect job as an insecure, awkward, but boiling with repressed anger activist. Highly recommend it.

Pacific Rim-7.5/10

For what it was, it was really good. No failed attempts to be deep or intellectual. No cringeworthy efforts at social commentary. No hamfisted moments attempting to tug on your heart strings. Just good ol' fashioned giant robots and monsters beating the piss out of each other.

Colombiana - 7/10

Better-than-average action movie about a young girl who becomes an assassin after seeing her parents murdered.

Taken 2 - 6/10

Obviously not as good as the first one, but also not as bad as I thought it would be.

Arbitrage - 7.5/10

Interesting movie about a rich CEO trying to complete a merger, while hiding not one but two big secrets that could potentially botch the deal and send him to prison.

Edited by D-Money

Before Midnight 8/10

It's the third in the Before Sunrise/Before Sunset trilogy. First one was 1995, second one was 2004, and now this one 2013.

I highly recommend these movies if you're looking for somthing a little different.

Pacific Rim-7.5/10

For what it was, it was really good. No failed attempts to be deep or intellectual. No cringeworthy efforts at social commentary. No hamfisted moments attempting to tug on your heart strings. Just good ol' fashioned giant robots and monsters beating the piss out of each other.

How did you see it as it's recommended to watch it in IMAX? Another post production 3D conversion failure as far as I'm concerned. I saw it in 'regular' 3D and hated the visuals overall as anything in front was semi clear and anything in the background was washed out.

Not a bad movie but when they lead up to certain obstacles and then dropped them like a hot potato it just ended up as blah.

6.5 outa 10