The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

yes i do 'glassjaw' i just changed my rating for winters bone as well. its 1/10 now.

means nothing, you and i both know it was originally a 7/10

you cant run from your ratings, especially when they are solidified in quotes like this one

u wanna fight me ?? watch ur tone

yes i do 'glassjaw' i just changed my rating for winters bone as well. its 1/10 now.

means nothing, you and i both know it was originally a 7/10

you cant run from your ratings, especially when they are solidified in quotes like this one

How come you didn't respond to his accepting of your challenge of a fight? I was quite enjoying that show of internet bravado. Then it just ended. :(

winter's bone is great, what the hell is wrong with you

Definitely.

Looper - 7/10

First half is absolutely outstanding. I felt like this was going to be an instant classic sci-fi. But then the second half craps the bed. It's still a very good movie, but I was quite disappointed to see what was being built up, to then have it go in that direction.

She could have easily been a different race to fit the story line. The villains could have invaded an African or another Asian or even European country. It was a 30 second scene.

Its Hollywood... eyecandy is important. That's why girls that lack talent are superstars like Megan fox... etc

They made her Japanese because

1. Japan is a likely place to be attacked on the Pacific Rim

and

2. The whole 'Giant Robots' and 'Monsters attacking cities tropes' are staples of Japanese pop culture. It would be pretty dumb to not have a Japanese character in there.

And again, she was meant to be an actual character, not eye-candy. You'll notice there was no gratuitous body shot.

And again, your taste in women is completely subjective. If you don't like Japanese girls, thats your thing. But its not a universal thing. They're not going to re-cast an entire character who is an actual part of the story just because some dude doesn't find her particular ethnicity attractive. You could do that with any race and encounter that problem.