The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

I watched the first Pusher movie about a year ago and it was damn good. Dark, gritty, simple little crime movie. I'd like to watch the other two but I couldn't find them anywhere, there was a British remake and that's all that came up on all the torrent sites I use.

If anyone has a link for Pusher 2 & 3, pls send it my way.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was great by any means. I may have given it a 7 originally (I don't remember), but ultimately, it's more of a 5/10 for me. My expectations were also incredibly low going in. I felt that Kevin Costner, for the minor role he played, was very good. Surprisingly, the entire Crypton scene and how they handled Crowe's Jor-El was very well done. And lastly, Michael Shannon was, by far, the best cast person in the film (along with Costner). However, Cavill is and will always be a terrible actor and Amy Adams was horribly miscast. Unlike some other superhero films, Superman is an incredibly difficult comic to translate to the big screen for today's more serious audience. I think the movie did as well as it could have, considering the casting, the director, and the obstacles that Superman faces for todays superhero films. We all love the flawed human, not the alien who's only weakness is a green rock.

Nothing translated for me.

All of the action scenes were so ridiculous. Smashing through building after building... what's the point if it doesn't do any damage, let alone mess up someone's hair?

And what the hell was that dragon thing Superman's dad was riding?

...ugh, just senselessness to me...

I used to love Will Farrell. But his shtick is getting tiresome. Even when I go back to his older movies they don't do it for me like they once did.

Reminds me of Jim Carrey that way. I tried to go back and watch Ace Ventura, In Living Color, etc...but it's just not funny to me now.

I used to love Will Farrell. But his shtick is getting tiresome. Even when I go back to his older movies they don't do it for me like they once did.

Reminds me of Jim Carrey that way. I tried to go back and watch Ace Ventura, In Living Color, etc...but it's just not funny to me now.

The only Farell movie that I both loved initially and has stood the test of time for me was Elf. He was perfectly suited for that role and the movie is a cute, funny and original new Christmas tale that my family enjoys every year.

Everything else he's done was IMO, either mediocre from the get go or did not stand up to repeat viewings (or both).

Edited by J.R.

Stranger than Fiction, to me, is probably his best film and role to date. But yeah, most of his stuff has grown very tiresome. Not as bad as Carrey's, as his humour is pretty much awful.

Stranger than Fiction, to me, is probably his best film and role to date. But yeah, most of his stuff has grown very tiresome. Not as bad as Carrey's, as his humour is pretty much awful.

Yeah, STF was a great movie. But Farrell didn't really use any of his trademark humor... ... again, similar to Carrey in The Truman Show.

Carrey was HUGE when he broke out. Everybody seemed to think Fire Marshall Bill was the most hilarious thing ever. But that got old fast.

Still like Dumb & Dumber though, and The Cable Guy holds up too.

Yeah, STF was a great movie. But Farrell didn't really use any of his trademark humor... ... again, similar to Carrey in The Truman Show.

Carrey was HUGE when he broke out. Everybody seemed to think Fire Marshall Bill was the most hilarious thing ever. But that got old fast.

Still like Dumb & Dumber though, and The Cable Guy holds up too.

For me, Carrey hasn't done anything I've remotely enjoyed since Eternal Sunshine. Like Truman Show, you don't get the typical Jim Carrey performance. To be fair, I have only seen 2 of his films since: Lemony Snickets (meh), and Yes Man (on tv, wanted to rip out my eyes).

man, these Dear Zachary ratings are so high. i remember watching it and thinking it was excessively long, amateurish and totally maudlin. didn't like it at all, let alone cry or whatever. i just assumed it was one of those 'sad hype' internet movies, like Grave of the Fireflies

but maybe i should re-watch it

Not even Elf?