The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

To be incredibly fair to Hereditary, as much as I love horror films, they are ALL unintentionally hilarious (save a few). The whole idea of them is pretty laughable.

As for Sam Rockwell? Best line in the movie:

Weaver: Quick, lets get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!

Totally agree - I really like it when one gets it right, like Creep and Creep 2

1 hour ago, babych said:

Totally agree - I really like it when one gets it right, like Creep and Creep 2

Love those two. Actually shocked how Creep 2 managed to not end up being a straight clone of the first one.

• Upvote 2

Mission Impossible 6 (yeah, 6)

Watched it last night and I’m already starting to forget it.

But it was fun. Schlock, but fun. Definitely not nearly as enjoyable as the last 3 (don’t think Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s movie gets enough attention). Far too long at 2 and a half hours, though. Could have cut 45 minutes, cleaned it up, and it would have been more more enjoyable.

10 hours ago, Psycho_Path said:

I personally like Enemy more, but Nightcrawler was better than either, regardless. End of Watch is probably my favorite Jake Gyllenhaal film

Interesting.  Ayer can be really hit or miss...I consider End of Watch definitely one of his best.  

Nightcrawler was fantastic.  A directorial debut to boot.

10 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Interesting.  Ayer can be really hit or miss...I consider End of Watch definitely one of his best.  

Nightcrawler was fantastic.  A directorial debut to boot.

The first time I watched Harsh Times I was a bit disappointed. Finally saw it again more recently and I liked it a lot more my 2nd viewing. IIRC I wasn't a big fan of SWAT, but he also wrote both Training Day and The Fast and the Furious and I like both of those films. Fury was well done as well.

23 hours ago, Monty said:

Ocean’s 8

3AECA1A4-90C2-4A46-BD35-570EB2E2BD95.png

Further to this.

Might be the worst movie I’ve watched in a long, long time. Wife and I were talking about it more today, and we felt t was actually worse than the female Ghostbusters reboot. At least there, you can tell people were trying and trying to be funny. They failed miserably, but there was effort to write jokes and perform them.

Ocean’s 8 lacked fun, humour, and any likeable characters. Aside from Anne Hathaway, who acted circles around everyone. There was no attempt at keeping it light, the heist was really bland and predictable, and the unlike the 3 originals, there was no real antagonist. I mean, there was, but they weren’t stealing from him. But while guilty, Sandy Bullock’s character was also guilty, but also hugely unlikeable.

This movie lacked everything that would make something worth watching. It failed at everything. Might be the worst movie I’ve seen in years.