The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

31 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I hadn't noticed - thanks. May watch it this week.

I've been all about murderers lately, for some reason. The Killing is alright (leaves Netflix Aug. 1st though, so have to stick with it if I'm going to finish it). The Fall is outstanding.

Yep!

On 2018-07-03 at 2:16 PM, Monty said:

That's actually not a bad theory. Obviously not the only reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a contributing factor. TLJ really caught fans off guard, which is a little funny considering so many have been asking for something different, rather than the "same old same old". The problem with TLJ was that it was just a boring, incoherent mess. Didn't bother me that they tried something different, but it wasn't like Rian Johnson to make something overly complicated and empty.

I have a theory that the true quality of a band / musician's album is reflected on the sales of their next album.

Edited by Hugor Hill

14 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

I have a theory that the true quality of a band / musician's album is reflected on the sales of their next album.

Not necessarily. Paul’s Boutique is a phenomenal album. One that performed poorly when it was released. Yes an outlier, but it happens.

Movies are the same. Lots of great movies that perform poorly because they aren’t Transformers or Avengers.

On 2018-06-24 at 9:40 PM, Down by the River said:

Recently watched The Endless. I'd give it a 7/10.

Yeah. 7/10. I have seen a previous work of this writer-director due, Spring. They like using super natural elements to delivery simple, everyday messages.

Thanks for the reco.

04-the-endless_w710_h473.jpg.261b662be439151708c46e1fd6ac7859.jpg

Hero starring Jet Woo Li 

If it any point during the movie I pressed the pause button, the picture left on the screen would fit in an art portfolio as the entire movie was shot and set beautifully with significant purpose. Also, the way the complex plot of the movie was told was unique in its non-linear style and unreliable narration and twists. 

In addition to the articulate martial arts fight scenes of the genre (and an appearance from Donnie Yen of Ip Man and Rogue One fame), the way the movie was presented visually and sequentially, along with its underlying messages about life and death and sacrifice makes it feel like you're watching a 90 minute poem.  

8.5/10  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: :lol:/10

My sons wanted to see it so we went to watch. The visual effects were excellent, but it might have helped if the hired a screenwriter.

Just a rehash of everything we have already seen

Good popcorn at least  lol

• Haha 1

Ant-Man and The Wasp  7/10

Nothing groundbreaking. It was a fun, entertaining ride with well placed laughs and some really nice action. I enjoyed it for what it was. Paul Rudd was excellent. Evangeline Lilly kicks so much ass; I am in love. Stick around for the 1st bonus scene at least. The one after the credits was not worth the wait in my opinion.

Just saw Dunkirk at the Omnimax (large dome screen) theatre in Science World. Its not my first time watching it, but I enjoyed it more this time than my before. Maybe because I know what to expect going into the movie this time. Rather than provide an emotional journey where you slowly learn the traits and personalities of each individual, which I find is the norm for war movies. Dunkirk just lays it all out there, showing the audience a spectacle and simplifying the movie into a thrilling and anxiety-inducing, determined fight for survival.

As for the theatre itself, it was a unique experience as the screen really takes up most of your visual space, allowing you to become immersed into the world of the film. Which is why I think Dunkirk is a good film for this type of viewing experience as you feel like you are right there with the characters.  

9/10