The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

On 2018-08-08 at 11:54 AM, Monty said:

I think that may actually be more the thing with me with Lawrence, actually. All actors/actresses (for the most part) are total morons who are out of touch with reality. Shouldn’t really hold it against them.

It’s the adoration you mentioned with her I don’t quite understand. Her performances have never left me with the feeling that she’s doing anything special. She’s entering Tom Cruise territory for me, where I can’t really see passed the fact that I’m watching Jennifer Lawrence acting as someone else, instead of getting lost in the character and forgetting you’re seeing an actor’s interpretation. If that makes any sense. Difference for me is that Cruise has carved out a niche and looks like he’s giving it every single movie he’s in and actually looks like he cares in every performance.

Have you seen Winter's Bone?

• Upvote 1

On 2018-08-07 at 7:20 PM, Monty said:

I just can’t pull myself to watch a movie that strictly star’s Jennifer Lawrence. Her and Emma Watson just come across as total morons. And then there’s Amy Schumer. 

Those three are the worst.

I’m not familiar with Watson and Schumer, but I saw Lawrence in “Hunger Games”.  I just attributed her horrifyingly awful acting to being young.  Then I made the mistake of watching another movie with her.  :sick:

I like movies that entertain me, and have good actors.  I really liked the Imitation Game, mostly because of that Cumberpatch actor.  Saw him play Khan in a Star Trek movie too.  Guy was great!

just watched Stallone and Arnold in an escape from a Prison movie.  Terrible acting, except for the prison warden.  He was really good.     I was entertained too.  

Galaxy Quest

Favourite of mine. My wife and her sister have been watching Harry Potter the last 5 nights, so I’ve locked myself away to watch anything else. Decided to put on Galaxy Quest, again. Still holds up. Will always hold up.

22EBEB6A-DD78-4B94-99B7-7F9C2B1D4421.gif

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Monty said:

Galaxy Quest

Favourite of mine. My wife and her sister have been watching Harry Potter the last 5 nights, so I’ve locked myself away to watch anything else. Decided to put on Galaxy Quest, again. Still holds up. Will always hold up.

Maybe you're the plucky comic relief?

4 hours ago, Monty said:

Galaxy Quest

Totally disagree with you about heredity.. I thought the movie was unintentionally hilarious and my daughter and I had to stifle our laughter through most of the movie.

100% agree with you about GQ - I friggin love this movie. I remember watching it when it come out and wondering who this Sam Rockwell guy was...

3 minutes ago, babych said:

Totally disagree with you about heredity.. I thought the movie was unintentionally hilarious and my daughter and I had to stifle our laughter through most of the movie.

100% agree with you about GQ - I friggin love this movie. I remember watching it when it come out and wondering who this Sam Rockwell guy was...

To be incredibly fair to Hereditary, as much as I love horror films, they are ALL unintentionally hilarious (save a few). The whole idea of them is pretty laughable.

As for Sam Rockwell? Best line in the movie:

Weaver: Quick, lets get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!

• Like 1