Canucks Community

GDT: 01/20/13 Edmonton @ Vancouver 6PM

logic

The Oilers always seem to get destroyed by the Nucks physically

Eberle down thanks to Edler and Ballard

Hall down thanks to Edler

Nugent Hopkins down thanks to Oreskovich

Hemsky down thanks to Glass

Sutton down thanks to Volpatti (he still on the oil?)

Stortini down thanks to Rypien

Hordichuk down thanks to Ballard

Plante down thanks to Weise

Who's next? N/J.Schultz? Yakupov?

Can't wait to see

As badly as I want Luongo to stand on his head and pitch a shutout to steal the #1 spot back, these Oilers have been playing all season long and are in mid-season shape. They've embarassed our defence before and they'll do it again, but we can't start 0-2.

4-3 Canucks win, the Sedins with 3 points each and Kassian with a goal or two. Our PP tears up their PK in this one.

Well, I didn't anticipate AV would use the goaltenders in tandem, because he has been doing this for the last two years, and despite its effectiveness, Schneider wanted more ice time, whereas, Luongo opted to be traded. Ideally, tandem goaltending, at this stage of the game, I thought, would be the best strategy for the Canucks.

What exactly did Kassian do to make so many Canuck fans in this thread clamour for more minutes given to him?

He was -1 and didn't even register a shot. Volpatti, at the very least, threw a couple of heavy hits, a very big one on Bryan Allen.

What did Kassian do? Honestly?

He carried the puck into the zone very well, he played with a decent physical presence, went to the net and was good, positionally, in his own end. I thought he was solid from beginning to end, and I noticed him on almost every shift. If he played with a better c-man last night, I think he would have done some damage. That's just how I saw it though.

I predict an Oiler's win, but a closer game... Vancouver will be embarrassed by last night, but the Oilers have too many advantages over them in this game - the biggest one being games played. However... Dubnyk hasn't played yet, so maybe if the Canucks get him early... But, I'm saying 4-3 or 5-4 for the Oil.

Archived