The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

oh we've seen your posts, a flip flopping mess,

you're wrong again my haggis gobbling friend,

playoff hockey turns savage every year and has so for the 40 years ive been watching the NHL, i know you just started watching the NHL and think you know the game but those of us that grew up in Canada playing AAA are more in tuned than any of you kilt wearing Scotsmen.

guys like Raymond are useless in the playoffs,

better off having a Raffi Torres or Bryan Bickell than a softee cupcake who ends up a human zamboni 50% of the times he touches the ice.

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers." ~Bodee

If Raymond returns, he should be paid $1.5 mil a season and play 3rd/4th line with PK .. I hope he moves on to a top-6 roll elsewhere .. it will speak volumes about that teams ability to go to the net .. speed only kills when it is accompanied by a big heart

Gillis, please replace Raymond with a player that weighs more than 170 lbs.

He doesn't weigh 170? And he did suffer a broken back?

Although I do agree with some of what you've said, people are too quick to assess him as somehow a pushover who is timid/meek.

Raymond has some pushback in him....I realized that when he scuffled with BJ Crombeen after he'd been facewashed...a guy who, at the time had about 30 lbs on him. He didn't just back down or scramble to get a away, he asserted himself.

Sure, the Boychuk hit has made him a little tentative in crash and bang situations, but don't label him as soft because he's not.

He plays a clean game and doesn't go in there looking for a scuffle, but he will stand his ground if warranted.

.IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg

IMG_7019.jpg

IMG_7020.jpgIMG_7021.jpg

IMG_7022.jpg

Have you really been around for over 40 years? And yet you come over as a big kid .........who embarrasses Canadians by his childish, racist posts and insults of a nation partly responsible for the development of your country.

Sir John A Macdonald

Sir John A Macdonald was born in Glasgow in 1815. His family fled financial ruin in Scotland in the 1820s and remained poor in Canada. Macdonald left school to work at 15 years old, but later managed to scrape together enough money to pay for law school. In 1867, John Alexander Macdonald became the first Prime Minister of the Dominion of Canada.

It was John A Macdonald that founded the Canadian Mounted Police, 'the Mounties'.

"but those of us that grew up in Canada playing AAA are more in tuned than any of you kilt wearing Scotsmen."

Every time you open your mouth you put your foot in it.

How many times now have you referred to an honest post I made in good faith which was trying to explain my newness to the NHL, not my experience of watching hockey which is a lot longer than you. You seem to think you are fooling people by posting something which doesn't even back up your abuse.

It really doesn't matter how often you berate Raymond, your reasons only make you look stupid and immature. You don't acknowledge his good performances in the playoffs but give your "hammer throwers" a free pass which makes you a bigot, because that would not support your twisted reasoning.

Above all your infantile rantings and obsession with me the one thing that proves the poverty of your argument is HE CONTINUES TO BE PICKED. Even you put him in your 2A LINE above. How is that for a bit of hypocrisy?

Universities, banks and hospitals

Many of Canada's universities, banks and hospitals were established by Scots. Canada’s first bank, the Bank of Montreal was established in 1817 by a group of wealthy Scots. In 1832, the Bank of Nova Scotia, managed and dominated by Scots immigrants, opened its doors for the first time.

Scots soldiers were among the Canadian troops that repelled the American invasion in 1812. In 1815 the Canadians marched south on Washington, capturing the American capital and torching the White House. To this day, Canada is the only country that has ever successfully invaded the United States.

Scottish impact

The Scots in Canada became fur traders and settlers, explorers and adventurers. They became successful politicians, led rebellions and incited uprisings. Scots built businesses, communities and were instrumental in the founding of the Canadian Confederation.

Scotland was just one of the countries that contributed to Canada's history, but for such a small nation it had a large impact.

LOL you want some comedy?

That's YOU arguing that he is a good 2nd liner. Hey wait a sec... aren't you the guy that's crying that MG hasn't done enough because our group of forwards suck?

And you were comparing Raymond to guys like Marchand and Hodgson? lol

IRONIC...

The thread "Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?" has the usual Canuck pom pom fans out...

/topic/322690-raymond-do-we-really-want-him/page__st__390#entry10416561">http://forum.canucks...0#entry10416561

oh we've seen your posts, a flip flopping mess,

you're wrong again my haggis gobbling friend,

playoff hockey turns savage every year and has so for the 40 years ive been watching the NHL, i know you just started watching the NHL and think you know the game but those of us that grew up in Canada playing AAA are more in tuned than any of you kilt wearing Scotsmen.

guys like Raymond are useless in the playoffs,

better off having a Raffi Torres or Bryan Bickell than a softee cupcake who ends up a human zamboni 50% of the times he touches the ice.

Really you've been watching for 40 years and played AAA?

I've been at it for over 45 years and also played "AAA" (except when I played my rep hockey, the AAA designation didn't exist in BC)

I ask the question because you don't sound like someone who's been alive for 40+ years. You sound like a teenager and not a particularly mature one at that.

Like Vansickle said, that picture(s) would be considered offensive if it were another minority group. Frankly, I'm surprised that Deb has let it slide, since it certainly looks to be a personal attack.

Ok so it looks like you completely missed the point. Way to defend your other pom pom waiving friend...

Irony and the comedy is that we have a WHOLE thread in which we debate about Raymond and have guys sticking up for him to say he is a worthy second liner

(Even to the extent of comparing him to guys like Marchand, Hodgson, Booth, etc) talking about points, etc..

and then these are the same guys that fought for AV saying MG didn't give AV enough tools.

Well you guys are the ones that wanted Raymond on 2nd line when other people wanted an upgrade.

Comedy...

Really you've been watching for 40 years and played AAA?

I've been at it for over 45 years and also played "AAA" (except when I played my rep hockey, the AAA designation didn't exist in BC)

I ask the question because you don't sound like someone who's been alive for 40+ years. You sound like a teenager and not a particularly mature one at that.

Like Vansickle said, that picture(s) would be considered offensive if it were another minority group. Frankly, I'm surprised that Deb has let it slide, since it certainly looks to be a personal attack.

Archived