The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

If you are still a fan of Raymond at this point in his career, you are a homer who thinks that every player has value because he played for your favourite team. Every team has their fair share of average players who were supposed to be better than how they turned out. His skill set is replaceable. While it might be serviceable, who cares, he has worn out his welcome. If he was in the Canucks long term plans, don't you think they would have signed him to a longer deal rather than the one-year deal they gave him last year?

It wasn't Raymond at $2.75M that let us down in the last 2 playoffs. Sedins, Kesler, Burrows 22 pts in 9 games Higgins and Hansen 1 point between them in 9 games.

I'm not even going to get started on Edler and Bieksa 5 points between them in 9 games.

You seem to be taking a lot for granted here.

How has he worn out his welcome.

It was his first totally fit season (I don't count one where he didn't get an off season and pre season to recuperate ) He was in a productive partnership with Schroeder and Hansen. Schroeder lost form and was sent down and Hansen went back to his typically inconsistent form. Raymond was then shuttled about with whoever.

He was on a short deal to see if he had fully regained his form..........He did. I fully expect a new coach to ask Gillis to keep him.

As I've said till I'm blue in the face I am totally ok with Raymond being traded but not let go. He is far too good and we are far too depleted for that to make any sense.

If Calgary make him a bigger offer I reckon he will go but deep down I think he would take 3 years at $2.75/3M. A steal for us.

Raymond has had one decent season with the Canucks (09-10). The rest of the seasons he has played, he has been replaceable. He is barely a mediocre player. It's bad business to bring him back at that price when this team is rammed up against the cap. He is just taking up a roster spot that could be used for a younger, cheaper option with the exact same skill set. The love affair with fringe players has gotta end.

Bodee and the guys who've posted in here who sit on the fence like usual in CDC threads, yet only reply to pick at details of a post or two. Too bad they are unable to offer opinions straight-up on where they stand as far as Raymond's function in the team's goal.

Bodee and the guys who've posted in here who sit on the fence like usual in CDC threads, yet only reply to pick at details of a post or two. Too bad they are unable to offer opinions straight-up on where they stand as far as Raymond's function in the team's goal.

It's so ridiculous that they argue for days on end defending a player but, they actually have no FINAL Opinion.

It's a relatively simple question. WHO WANTS OR THINKS RAYMOND SHOULD STAY???

No its not a shame. It's great actually because when another GM offers him 3m he will jump at it. Meanwhile we will let him go because he is not worth it.

So it's a win win. He leaves and he gets his money.

Your estimates are terrible because you wanted Raymond on our 2nd line yet you cry because you say MG didn't give AV a good enough team.

I guess according to your estimates, we would have gotten out of the 1st round if we had some more Raymonds on the team...

Archived