The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

"There are no positives to his game that make the team better for having him."

That's some funny stuff Mr. Lahey.

Quoting yourself stating that there are no positives to his game.

I have only one answer for that.

"Who is this park, or even in the whole world, doesn't have problems? Who doesn't have a drink too many times once in a while and maybe even winds up passed out in their own driveway, pissing themselves? Who doesn't drink too much sometimes or who doesn't have a puff from time to time? And who doesn't have problems with the people they love? This is our home. This is our community. I am Jim Lahey, and *I am your trailer park supervisor!* "

I agree Baggins - and I think folks grossly overestimate actual NHL scoring averages.

Raymond, in 2009/10, when he scored 53 points, was 21st among NHL left wings - which pretty much suggests that he was a borderline top line winger in the NHL.

He also had outstanding underlying numbers - he accomplished that with less than 50% offensive zone starts and had corsi numbers that placed him in the top few Canucks - the following season he again had among the best underlying numbers although his production dropped slightly.

As everyone knows, he suffered a broken back at the end of that season.

Raymond talk on these boards imo is one of the things that, unfortunately, defines CDC.

While you're keeping the thread "aligned with it's purpose" perhaps you can teach how to get drunk, get fired from the police force become a... lousy trailer park supervisor that sucks, hangs around with an idiot that doesn't wear a shirt and looks like a dick but thinks he looks good... 101.

If Raymond was able to impact the game when he wasnt getting these stats by making a hit or something, anything, then we wouldn't be in here.

He is like the Sedins, useless when not scoring, because they all lack the abilty to impact the game another way. The problem is, he is not a Sedin, he is a 40 point nothing on a team that needs a 40 point impact player. Pretty simple. Enough excuses for the guy.

Actually his drop after his 53 point season was easily explained and I've posted the numbers several times. The problem with cdc is their doghouse is far tougher to get out of than the imagined AV doghouse and they turn on players faster than a rabid dog. He didn't increase his numbers to 70 points, therefore he sucks.

The truth is despite a shoulder injury and a broken thumb (two injuries that would effect production) his even strength points prorated were almost identical to his 53 point season. His even strength ice time was almost identical both years as well. Which means despite two shot affecting injuries he maintained his es production. That season he also had 33% less pp ice time along with his 70 point center (Kesler) being replaced by a 30 point center (Malhotra). Kesler was moved up to the 1st unit that season. Given those combined circumstances it only stood to reason his pp production would drop. And that is in fact where his main drop in production from the previous season came. I've maintained all along he wasn't as bad in 10/11 as people here made out.

Unlike the majority I was willing to give him a mulligan when he came back from that major injury.

If Raymond was able to impact the game when he wasnt getting these stats by making a hit or something, anything, then we wouldn't be in here.

He is like the Sedins, useless when not scoring, because they all lack the abilty to impact the game another way. The problem is, he is not a Sedin, he is a 40 point nothing on a team that needs a 40 point impact player. Pretty simple. Enough excuses for the guy.

Raymond has world class speed, combined with the fact he backchecks every shift, makes it very frustrating for the opposition trying to score on the rush when he's on the ice - his speed is suffocating - he can turn odd man rushes even in a few strides.

Well, no. How many assists or goals does a rugged, complementary forward on Keslers line need? Because that is the replacement plan, somebody to clear the way for Kesler, not the other way around.

Stats serve little purpose here. Matt Greene has horrible "stats" he will never win the Norris based on "stats", but he is exactly the kind of D man the Canucks should employ. Raymond doesn't offer intangibles, he is done.

Well, no. How many assists or goals does a rugged, complementary forward on Keslers line need? Because that is the replacement plan, somebody to clear the way for Kesler, not the other way around.

Stats serve little purpose here. Matt Greene has horrible "stats" he will never win the Norris based on "stats", but he is exactly the kind of D man the Canucks should employ. Raymond doesn't offer intangibles, he is done.

Archived