The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] 32 Team National Hockey League

Strombone1

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC

Former NHLPA executive director Paul Kelly just told council NHL discussed expanding to 32 teams with him

In media scrum, Kelly says he believes NHL will expand to 32 teams within "2-3 years, most likely" to Quebec City and the Toronto area

I think it would be cool if Seattle got one of the teams. Having NHL and NBA back in Seattle would be great for Vancouver, as it could possibly land Vancouver a future NBA team as well. We would have a natural rivalry and it would be awesome to see those games. Seattle, Quebec city deserve it the most. Why does Toronto need a second team?

How about relocation instead? Seriously, Phoenix continues to pull in like half capacity, why add in an extra two franchises on paper when you can just move Phoenix to Quebec and have a new franchise in reality without editing the playoff format, seeding structure, etc.

And Toronto should not get a new team over Seattle.

I think it would be cool if Seattle got one of the teams. Having NHL and NBA back in Seattle would be great for Vancouver, as it could possibly land Vancouver a future NBA team as well. We would have a natural rivalry and it would be awesome to see those games. Seattle, Quebec city deserve it the most. Why does Toronto need a second team?

Archived