The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Grand Theft Auto V

JaGuaR

I went over to that thing, but there's no money package for me there. There's a just a pile of dirt on top of that metal thing. Unless there's another one identical to it in the same area.

I drowned looking for it the first time. It just wasn't there. I came back later (after the hospital) and it was on that pile of dirt, I think. The covering on that wreck certainly looks different than shown in the video (coz i'm playing on the 360 instead of the ps3?).

EDIT: There are 12 hidden packages in total and they disappear after you grab it and leave the area I think.

I drowned looking for it the first time. It just wasn't there. I came back later (after the hospital) and it was on that pile of dirt, I think. The covering on that wreck certainly looks different than shown in the video (coz i'm playing on the 360 instead of the ps3?).

EDIT: There are 12 hidden packages in total and they disappear after you grab it and leave the area I think.

When you are under water you can switch to another character, switch back and have full air again. This video shows it but I don't do it with 2 characters, it's almost too hard to get it synchronized. Also, I don't mess with the 20k case, just too many spare metal parts.

The easiest way I make money now is on the stocks. I put everything into the cheapest stock, when it went up, save the game, if it went down, reload. I know stocks only go up or down one cent to nine cents at a time but it adds up. Doing the Franklin's Assassination missions are good too, remember to invest in the rival companies stock after it drops then skip ahead 2 or 3 days in game and it will jump up again. You'll get double the cash. By doing both of these for the past 3 or 4 days I still only have about 93 million on Franklin, 76 on Michael and 45 on Trevor.

I let my game sit and accumulate over several hours, sometimes a stock will go up a couple dollars. Franklin just made 13 million.

Finished the main story last night, with about 72% of the total game done.

Overall, without multiplayer, I'd rate GTA 5 an 8/10. Definitely some great moments in the game. The graphics are the best the series has ever seen with some terrific enhancements. However, as a single player campaign, there just isn't enough to keep me coming back for more. I'm obviously no game developer, and Rockstar can create a better game then I ever could. However, there is one thing I would have liked to have seen done differently.

Quite simply, I would have liked to have seen a female playable character introduced into the GTA universe. Rockstar did something terrific by having three playable characters involved with each other throughout the story. However, I wonder if it would have given the series and the game a little more depth (I know this is GTA we're talking about). The gaming industry has some terrific games with female characters, most recently in The Last of Us, that I think GTA 5 would have benefited by adding an element not introduced into that universe. I beleive this is the last stone left unturned in Rockstar's game series. Don't get me wrong, the characters in GTA 5 are written very well and all are fun to play with; however, it all just seems too familiar. I'm just not sure, apart from the graphics and the scale of the map, what sets GTA 5 apart from other GTA games. Again, it just seems all too familiar.

The game plays and handles great. It's definitely the nicest looking game in the series. It just doesn't break any new ground in the GTA series. At least, nothing I noticed. However, once multiplayer kicks in next week, we'll see more of what Rockstar has in store for its fans. Also, like GTA 4 with The Lost and the Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, GTA 5 is sure to have add-ons in the future, which may touch on the female character that I believe the series needs.

Coming from a guy who's only 45 minutes into the game, why do people buy planes/cars/bikes? Isn't just stealing them cheaper and easier?

I wanted the stunt plane, not sure where to steal it from, and now it's easy to find. As for the bigger planes like the Learjet, the only place I found to steal it is from the international airport, and you're always chased by cops to get it. Buying it means you have easy access to it when ever you want.

Coming from a guy who's only 45 minutes into the game, why do people buy planes/cars/bikes? Isn't just stealing them cheaper and easier?

Later on in the game money becomes a lot easier to obtain, so doesn't matter then. I myself am not at that point yet, but some people have close to a 100 million on one character.

When I customize a car I tend to leave it in the garage so it doesn't get lost :P I really need to stop that.

Stole this from the PS3Trophy board from a poster that stole it from the gtaforums:

How To Make Up To 1.5 Billion With Lester's Assassination Missions

So i found a vague description on the gtaforums.com on how to get the most money possible from Lester's assassination missions. Here is my step by step guide on how to get up to 1.5 billion from these missions by playing the stock market. This took a fair amount of trial and error but ive found that following this method you are guaranteed to get these results every time.

NOTE: DO NOT DO ANY OF LESTER'S ASSASSINATION MISSIONS AFTER THE FIRST ONE!

NOTE: These steps are very time sensitive so don't waste too much time between missions or you might miss an investment window.

NOTE: Be sure make use of multiple save files and make sure to save before each investment or each assassination mission because the timing on some of this can be a bit tricky and confusing.

NOTE: For a condensed TL;DR version scroll down to the very bottom.

STEP 1: Lester Assassination Mission #1 - Hotel Assasination

This will come naturally being that you cannot progress through the rest of the story without having to do the first one. Invest in [bET] BettaPharmaceuticals (BAWSAQ) with each character before starting the mission with Franklin. You won't have much money to invest so the take won't be that big. Im not exactly sure what the max return percentage is on the investment because at the time I did the mission I wasnt that familiar with how the stock market works. If i remember correctly though it caps out at around 80% profit at least.

STEP 2: DO NOT DO ANYMORE OF LESTER'S ASSASSINATION MISSIONS:

There are probably other ways of manipulating the stock market and making vast amounts of cash without these missions but if you do them early on you will miss out on being able to invest your take from the final heist on his stock tips and thus not be able to make vast amounts of money as quickly.

STEP 3: Finish all the main story missions besides Lester's assassination missions.

Once you finish the last story mission you get the money you made from the last heist you did at which point you can get on the road towards being a billionaire.

STEP 4: Lester Assassination Mission #2 - The Multi Target Assassination

BEFORE accepting the mission invest all the money you have with each character in the stock [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Immediately after this mission is completed the stock price will start to rise. It will take around 8 in game hours to reach its peak at 80% return percentage at which point you can sell all your stock with each character. If you wait too long to sell then the return will be significantly lower so keep an eye on the stock and wait for it to reach its peak and make sure to sell before the next trading day which begins every weekday at 8am in game time.

Here are my numbers to show you what I made with Michael.

$32, 081,246 invested. $58,714,376 return.

STEP 4.5: Invest in Redwood

This is the most important step and the step most people are not aware of. Even though you are meant to hurt this company with the last assassination mission they come out on top in the end. Invest all your money with each character in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). With any of your characters advance the in game clock by 48 hours past the last trading day which started at 8am by going the the save screen at any of safe houses and then backing out immediately. Each time you back out from a save the clock advances 6 hours. If you wait 2 days and land on a weekend you have to wait additional days to get to the next week as stock prices do not move on weekends. Once you get to start of the second trading day Redwood's stock will be up by a whopping 300% instantly at which point you sell.

Here is what I made with Michael: $58,714,376 invested. $234,839,456 return.

STEP 5: Lester Assassination Mission #3 - The Vice Assassination

BEFORE starting the mission invest all your money with each character in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ) and then complete the mission. You will net a max of 50% return from this stock at which point sell it on all your characters.

Here is what I made with Michael: $234,839,456 invested. $353,735,360 return.

STEP 6: Lester Assassination Mission #4 - The Bus Assassination

Complete the mission as you would do normally. AFTER completion invest all your money with each character in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance the in game clock 2 days and at the start of the second trading day the stock will be up 100% instantly and will not peak any further at which point you sell.

Here is what I made with Michael: $353,735,360 invested. $707,470,720 return

STEP: 7: Lester Assassination Mission # 7 -The Construction Assassination

BEFORE starting the mission invest all your money with each character in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN) and then complete the mission. You will net a max of 80% return from this stock at which point sell it on all your characters.

Here is what I made with Michael.:. $707,470,720 invested. $1,282,880,384 return.

Condensed Version:

STEP 1 - BEFORE the second assassination mission invest in [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

STEP 2 - Invest in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 300% return.

STEP 3 - BEFORE the third assassination mission invest in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ). Sell at 50% return.

STEP 4 - AFTER the fourth assassination mission invest in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 100% return.

STEP 5 - BEFORE the fifth assassination mission invest in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

As you can see, depending on your take from the last heist you can make upwards of anywhere from 1-1.5 billion dollars. If anyone finds any errors or has any input regarding this method or the stock market in general feel free to leave a comment.

I was really hoping that there would be more incentive to avoid stealing cars and buy them with your hard earned cash, but it's almost the opposite.

Not only are there some of the best cars driving all over the place, but it's super easy to lose the star you get for stealing them. After that there will be no heat on the stolen car.

Plus, when you do buy a car and fix it up, it will just disappear for no reason, sometimes even in your garage.

Archived