The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti CLAIMED by Caps

Strombone1

Why is that important? You get no points for winning a fight, both players get the exact same thing, 5 minutes in the box. What is important is dropping the gloves when the need arises. Wiese is perfectly capable of doing that as is Pinziotto if he dresses. NHL fights are weak to begin with and most are just 30 second hugging matches anyway, winning them is so over-rated.

Because the 2 fights that he has arguably won have made such a mark on our season so far. Ha ha, ah some people.

Very stupid move.

Not sure why the hell AV didn't have him in the line-up.

Volpatti brought some toughness to this team, not we don't have it, now who do we have who can play and take a regular shift and fight and be tough? Kassian, that's it. And I was one who felt we had enough toughness. now we are missing it.

Oh, and if we waived him to bring Ebbett up later on, I'm going to be steamed. Volpatti >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ebbett.

Pinozotto wears a visor, so he is apt to pick up extra minutes for fighting with it on. Don't know this for certain, but I haven't heard that he is renowned for his fighting prowess in hockey circles either. Gillis, it seems to me, wants to prove that he can win in the playoffs without toughness. I don't believe he can ever be successful given his rigid attitude about this.

Yea saw that coming.. I'm honestly really starting to dislike management.. Gillis should of traded Lou this off season when the leafs offered him schenn, or a deal involving kadri.. Now no one want Lou, schnieds is gettin pissed off, and we are gonna end up trading Cory.. We won't win the cup with Lou, plain an simple.. GmMg has pissed off manny.. We traded coho for kassian, which I'm fine with if we used kassian other then a 5 min per game plug.. That booth trade is looking awful, not to mention the Ballard one.. Seriously what has gillis done for our team in te last few years that is beneficial???

To criticize a GM for making a move when you havent even waited till after the trade deadline to see why it happened is just another sign of Manic Thursday. Sky is either falling and we are all doomed,only to find out MG had a plan. Or we are all super happy(Booth) to find out it wasn't the greatest move.

This move is being painted like MG and staff have no idea what they are doing. I have more faith in them running our organization than this forum. They would have known that they had a high chance of losing Volpatti,they are not stupid. This move was thought out and they decided it was time for a change.

Its the same issue with Manny,I constantly see posts making MG a bad guy. Wouldnt it be cool if we all held hands and saved the earth... "Get off my green lawn Hippy"!! Sorry. He was a liability to himself and his team mates and character aside it was obvious he had to move on. Yet you will keep seeing people posting about MG being mean because of it. Firstly its a business and players get traded and moved,its part of the job. Think the salary should take care of that aspect.

Even my buddies who HATE the Canucks are asking me what Gillis is thinking lately.

I understand Weise has more skill and has potential but he's never going to be more then a 4th liner on this team... we have too many other good wingers.

Volpatti fits the 4th line way better then Weise and is not a defensive reliability at all.

He was the only player who could intimidate players on the other team, I even remember reading the Hawks board when we first played them and they were all worried about Volpatti because of how hard he hits.

But it is Gillis were talking about, he did get another left side defenseman when we already have 3 making big money.........

Can't wait to see his next big move, maybe another bust from Florida.

Archived