The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Flames

-Vintage Canuck-

Once again a rookie goalie looks like an all star because we can't beat him despite a billion rebounds. Once again the refs steal one with brutal non-calls for the Flames and calling crap against us.

Seriously? You're going to call a bench minor? After you completely ignored an elbow to the head? Get your head out of your asses, refs.

Side note: Last year we lost to Buffalo on this day too. I'm going to stop watching games on my birthday dammit.

Fire AV right now! holy fack. We just lost to one of the worst teams i can't believe it :picard: . Schnieder better be playing for the next little bit because Luongo just had 2 stinker games in a row. We also need scoring so F Jensen going to the wolves we obviously need him now. at this rate we might even fall out of the playoffs. we are playing so bad :sick:

Guys, the reffing was bad.

But Calgary was the better team, we had a good period or period and a half, but 20-30 minutes doesn't win a 60 minute hockey game, and that has been our problem.

Yes the reffing was bad but this game should never have been tied. Calgary was the better team from the goaltending on out.

lol.. other than the first goal Luongo played fine.. he has no chance on the 2nd goal and the 3rd goal went off of Garrison.. the first goal did not cost us the game.. questionable penalty and our inability to bury our chance did. stop saying it's like Luongo was the only reason why we lost coz he scored on himself 3 times. oh wait it's CDC it should be expected after every lost.

Losing to the Flames is unacceptable.

15 minutes into the 3rd and the Canucks only had 2 shots - brilliant.

I don't care about the travel issues or how the refs reffed it - good teams can win through adversity.

Better pick it up guys.

As I predicted there is more whining about the refs. Truth be told they let both teams get away with a lot of stuff so IMHO AV is an idiot. I was wondering why Calgary's goon got a misconduct and when I saw why I remembered Kass and his little celebration earlier this year so that seems to be a rule that isn't always applied, just like AV's chirping penalty is rarely called. IMHO Barker and Hansen (congrats on the twins btw) played well and we all know who were the minus players on our team so I won't belabor the point except to note that when teams play the twins tough they disappear. Sestito is looking like a useless bag of meat but what did we expect when half the league passed on him? The first goal was easily the worst goal that Lou has given up all year and since we lost by one (ignoring the EN goal) that is troubling, as was the fact that the hockey gods served up yet another piece of fresh AHL goalie meat for us to devour and we blew it big time yet again. No killer instinct on this team it seems.

One-game losing streak, fire/trade everyone!!1!1! :frantic:

Barker had a good game imo, still curious as to wtf is happening with Ballard.

Regardless of the strange travel arrangements, we have to show up for these games. Not sure if this is players or coaching but something needs to give. This happens all too often.

Reffing, as usual, was inconsistent but I don't think it changed the game for us. They missed some calls against us too.

Reading many comments about us dominating for much of the game. This may be true but those times when we don't--appallingly and spectacularly cringeworthy.

The travel was no excuse in this game

Against the Flames and a rookie goalie who was fighting the puck all night? Should have been a steal.

No idea why Ballard is in AV's doghouse and Garrison isn't. Garrison's miscues have been more hideous than any of Ballard's. Maybe he should put himself in his own doghouse after lipping the refs and taking a penalty like that.

FWIW though, I liked Cam Barker's game today.

Chris Tanev is the real stud though. Wow is he good under pressure. And his outlet passes are terrific.

Archived