The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth out up to 2 months

samirjaver

Booth was actually looking really good the last 5 games or so. If you didn't notice his skating, hits and power moves to the net, you are blind as .... If all you see is the stats sheet and the 3 stars, then you don't really know anything about hockey. They miss Booth right now and they will miss him the rest of the season.

Booth was actually looking really good the last 5 games or so. If you didn't notice his skating, hits and power moves to the net, you are blind as .... If all you see is the stats sheet and the 3 stars, then you don't really know anything about hockey. They miss Booth right now and they will miss him the rest of the season.

The Vancouver Canucks are NOT a better team without David Booth, regardless of what most of you say. This is more news of the worse kind at a time when the team doesn't need it.

Like many who know hockey have said already, the stat sheets and highlight reels are not all that there is to an NHL hockey game. Booth has provided the Canucks with lots of intangibles in his time here. People who call Booth soft are probably the same people who call Kes and Lindros and Mario and Wendel Clark soft, too, because all they do is look at stats. Booth, Kes, Lindros, Wendel and Mario all played hard all the time. They put themselves at risk for the good of the team and sometimes get hurt because of it.

David Booth will be missed.

Blessing in disguise. Ideally, Booth and Malhotra sit on LTIR, that's 6 or 7 million of cap space relieved. MG then trades a depth defenceman (Ballard) and/or some of our high picks for a real elite forward. We essentially have 10 million to spend on whoever we want. Then Booth returns in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs, his cap hit doesn't matter once the playoffs start and we have the beefiest lineup in the league.

I was hoping MG would target Ott, but now he can free-wheel a bit, throw away our 1st pick even to score a top-3 forward. Ballard and a 1st and Schroeder for Gaborik. Cheers. Then come playoff time when Booth returns:

Sedin - Sedin - Gaborik

Raymond - Kesler - Burrows

Booth - Lapierre - Kassian

Higgins - Pinizotto - Hansen

Maybe if Booth goes hunting and kills some bears then he will come back feeling all manly and stuff and he will lay down the pain.

Or he will start slumping again and get bought out.

Or maybe someone will give us a 7th round pick for him.

I actually like Booth. I just dont think he jives with this group.

I don't think this group really jives with this group.

Blessing in disguise. Ideally, Booth and Malhotra sit on LTIR, that's 6 or 7 million of cap space relieved. MG then trades a depth defenceman (Ballard) and/or some of our high picks for a real elite forward. We essentially have 10 million to spend on whoever we want. Then Booth returns in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs, his cap hit doesn't matter once the playoffs start and we have the beefiest lineup in the league.

I was hoping MG would target Ott, but now he can free-wheel a bit, throw away our 1st pick even to score a top-3 forward. Ballard and a 1st and Schroeder for Gaborik. Cheers. Then come playoff time when Booth returns:

Sedin - Sedin - Gaborik

Raymond - Kesler - Burrows

Booth - Lapierre - Kassian

Higgins - Pinizotto - Hansen

David Booth - Jordan Schroeder - Zack Kassian

Disappointed we didn't get to see this line go to work. On paper, it looks like it would have worked. You got Kassian that would have created space for Schroeder. Schroeder could have dished the puck to Booth in the neutral zone. Booth would have scored the goals bringing the puck to the net.

Maybe if Booth goes hunting and kills some bears then he will come back feeling all manly and stuff and he will lay down the pain.

Or he will start slumping again and get bought out.

Or maybe someone will give us a 7th round pick for him.

I actually like Booth. I just dont think he jives with this group.

I don't think this group really jives with this group.

Archived