The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Firing] Tambo done in Oil Town

Wow, really?! I was in Alberta when MacT got fired as coach and so many Oilers fans that I knew then were happy that he was no longer in the organization. Now they bring him back as a GM? Oilers fans are probably wondering when the circus will finally leave town.

I see it's popular to make fun of Howson, but his firing in Columbus may have been a little premature.

The Bobrovsky deal he cut - not looking so bad now is it?

His much maligned Nash deal - the results of that aren't so bad either.

Two points out of a playoff spot - maybe the guy isn't quite the laughing stock he's made out to be.

Oilers wanted to tank for a few years and get good draft picks, so Tambi was brought in as the fall guy. Tell him he is to go full out rebuild, let him rack up the young talent, then blow some hot air about how the team never got better and get rid of him. Now look at all the young guys they have on that team, and no one left to blame for all those years of losing.

I would not be surprised at all if MacT is used to build the team into a contender and then gets fired for not winning a cup, and then Lowe steps in as GM and look at that he has a fully built contender to play with.

Archived