The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speculation about what gets people into "heaven" or keeps them out

Harbinger

As I begin to ponder on my musing it certainly would also explain the "deja vu" phenomenon where people who have never been to (for example) a particular city, or state...or as MGK described earlier had never driven in a particular city..somehow are able to traverse the roads as if they'd lived there their entire lives. It's pretty kooky I do admit but it's fun to think about whose life you actually could be living.

There are some thing that science can't explain - yet.

Yeah...I get deja vu every now and then...sometimes I even dream about something...then weeks or months later...I get deja vu and it's like wait a moment - I had a dream about something like this!

My favourite unexplained event is lights.

Seems like street lights go out when I go under them, or when I flick the light switch, the bulb goes poof...seems to always be me in the house...law of averages says it should balance out - but I can't remember the last time it happened to my wife nor son...seems to always be me.

Man you posted that same picture about 8 months ago and back then it absolutely WAS directed towards me so how was I supposed to know that when you used it this time it WASN'T directed towards me? And it was in a thread eerily similar to this one.. However you post something stupid like that that adds nothing to the conversation while calling the person stupid who plussed my post about you trolling...you post a picture unrelated to anything relevant...that is by definition trolling.

Wow man...seriously...I have that same kind of thing happen...where I'll have a really strange but really vivid dream...and I'll wake up and I won't think about it much after...then like weeks or maybe a month later I will be in an eerily similar situation to the one in the dream but the outcome is almost always different. For example if I find something in my dream...I wind up losing it in the real life situation. It is REALLY ****ing creepy sometimes.

There are some thing that science can't explain - yet.

Yeah...I get deja vu every now and then...sometimes I even dream about something...then weeks or months later...I get deja vu and it's like wait a moment - I had a dream about something like this!

My favourite unexplained event is lights.

Seems like street lights go out when I go under them, or when I flick the light switch, the bulb goes poof...seems to always be me in the house...law of averages says it should balance out - but I can't remember the last time it happened to my wife nor son...seems to always be me.

I think that it's okay if somebody wants to spread their beliefs through discussion. It's what humans like doing - to discuss and share their idea. I do agree that it's a serious problem and totally wrong when that desire to share information turns into oppression. In the Qur'an it says "let their be no compulsion in religion".

As for children, I believe it's the parents right to decide what to teach their own children as long as it doesn't cause harm. What is the unbiased definition of harm in that case though? The religious and non religious will probably not be able to agree on that because what constitutes harm for Muslim parents and Christian parents and Atheist parents are different. Each of those groups might be better off accepting it and letting the other get on with it. But I do believe forms of indoctrination are more extreme than others and even harmful. No one can really say who's thinking is true or not, atheists discredit a theists and a theists discredit an atheists. I think that point should be realized.

If the parent is stable, values education and is balanced and allows their children to voice their thoughts then I don't think it's abuse. Anything that is taught to children that isn't balanced and doesn't see them being engaged in a positive social way could be seen as abuse.

Archived