The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speculation about what gets people into "heaven" or keeps them out

Harbinger

No matter what is shown to you would be discredited as you've obviously made up your mind a long time ago. Your rabid anti-anything that doesn't fit your world view prevents you from seeing anything but what YOU want to see. I'm not wasting my time anymore. When you can PROVE that spirits don't exist, then we'll talk. I don't have to prove squat to you. You are the one calling bull, so the onus is on you to prove me wrong. No theories mind you, HARD evidence.

I go through this all the time with people who live in my town...who attempt to provide "visual evidence" that certain places in our town are haunted. People tend to believe strongly in anything they truly wish to see, whether it's actually real or not. My mother is one of the people here that believe there are ghosts in our town. I love her dearly and I respect her because she's my mother...but I do have to bring her back to reality sometimes. People snap pictures in the houses and mining areas that are allegedly haunted..a sweeping "shadow"...or any other "trick of the lighting" leads these people to truly believe the place is haunted....yet that picture is all they have...and none of them ever take into account that there is a logical and natural explanation for the "phenomena" they have observed. One person's "experience" does not qualify as an eyewitness account if there's no evidence provided to back up their claim.

Even as much as I am supremely confident that science will one day explain all of these phenomena..I'm not 100% sure I want it to do so. It would kind of take all of the mystery out of life. When there are no more questions left to answer..I will probably be a very sad individual. I will make this clear...as I have stated many times...people are free to believe whatever they wish...you could believe Obama is an alien with teleportation abilities that allow him to go back and forth to Mars..or you could believe in gremlins, ghosts, goblins, werewolves, zombies, barghests, banshees, demons, devils, angels, gods, kobolds, elves, dwarves, fairies and trolls...as long as that belief isn't trumpeted as gospel or absolute truth without so much as a smidgen of evidence..I personally have no problems with you. When you start infiltrating schools and governments with it and begin trampling on others freedoms to believe OTHERWISE...then we have a problem.

You misapprehend the situation.

The Board Rules prohibit the discussion of criminal activities and under Canadian law possession of marijuana remains a criminal offence as it does under US federal law.

9. You will not discuss illegal activities.

Discussion of criminal activities, warez, software and media piracy, and illegal broadcast of games will not be permitted. No links to sites containing illegal material will be tolerated.

When you post at CDC you have essentially entered into a contract:

Please read the board rules carefully. Claiming ignorance or not having carefully read the board rules will not be an acceptable excuse at any time. The moderators and administrators reserve the right to change or modify these rules at any time, it is the users responsibility to read the rules, and any announcements posted regarding the rules.

Anyone who repeatedly violates these rules, intentionally or not, will be permanently banned from viewing or posting on Canucks.com at the discretion of the Moderator or Admins. All topics and/or messages that violate these rules will be deleted or locked on sight.
Please do not post here at all if you disagree with anything in this message.

And trying to claim a Charter right to freedom of expression does not apply to the private sector and CDC is a privately owned website. The same situation would obtain in the US of A in terms of the First Amendment.

I stated MY opinion. That's all. There are many more that believe in the supernatural than not. You sir are a minority. If you want to live a denial existence, have at it. To me experience counts more than theories.

Archived