The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Convert Edler to forward.

Patrick Kane

EDDIE'S OUR BOY .... IM TELLING U GUYS HE CAN BOUNCE BACK.... ffs everyone INCLUDING my self has been bashing him as our main player scapegoat.... he had one off year.

He is a proven and legitimate top 2 defenseman. He'll bounce back... he's said he wants to be here and loves this city. Also has an ntc kicking in... the management wants him to stay here. I think hell be rejuvinated and regain being one of thr leagues better dmans next year.

Burns played forward in junior I believe, so he has experience at the position. Burns is also a faster skater, has better hands, and looks better on the forecheck. I'm not really an Edler hater, because I think he can find his game with a new coach, but I don't think the transition to forward would work well.

It's not a bad idea, but like someone already said he had a hell of a time changing sides on D, moving him into a entirely new roll could be even worse.

That being said, I really like Edler and I think he'll be MUCH better next season.

in 2010 and 2011 he was good.

since then he has slid.

back injury, doesn't trust himself. he needs a full year away from his injury - being healthy - before he plays like he can.

so... next year he "should" be back to normal.

Most of you don't realize what a serious injury can do to someone's psyche. If you just look at his play, ya, ship him out. But you have to understand his injury situation, and give him a year to recover and trust that when he makes a hit he isn't going to fcku himself up. It all starts with feeling good about yourself, then you play with confidence - something he has lacked.

so chill... (btw, trading him for our needs on offense might still be a good idea - but not because he isn't going to be a virtual star, he is going to be that great defenceman that every team wants)...

Archived